+1 (502) 807-7378
Full Circle Enables Virtual Server Migration, Conversion
Unique Acronis FAST engine technology makes server migration speedy, accurate and simple
November 7, 2006, Los Angeles, CA, VMworld, Booth 335 Acronis Inc. (www.acronis.com), the technological leader in storage management software announced today the launch of Full Circle, a software application that allows IT organizations to move an entire server's data seamlessly to and from physical and virtual servers.
Full Circle is based on FAST (Fast Accurate Simple Transmission) engine technology that enables users to migrate and convert data seamlessly between physical and virtual environments. This "virtually aware" technology automatically customizes the data being migrated to its new environment. Full Circle works with multiple operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Linux, and a variety of hardware and virtual servers on the market.
"With an average server lifespan of 18 months, organizations are constantly tasked to upgrade their hardware without jeopardizing the life's blood of their businesses, their data," said Walter Scott, CEO of Acronis. "When you consider the explosion in virtual servers and mobile employees, it's clear that what IT managers and systems integrators need is a server migration application that is not only fast and easy to use, but that also can meet migration challenges both on and off the data center floor."
"Foedus specializes in providing virtualization infrastructure services
and technologies to companies large and small worldwide, and in just the last six months the number of virtual server migrations have skyrocketed," said John Dodge, managing partner of Foedus, a value-added reseller based in Portsmouth, NH. "An application such as Full Circle will be a great benefit to virtualization projects by ensuring that time and money is not consumed by server migration needs."
Full Circle provides:
- Virtual Environment Flexibility — Full Circle supports multiple hardware platforms and operating systems, including both 32- and 64-bit servers and VMWare, Microsoft and Parallels virtual environments
- FAST (Fast Accurate Simple Transmission) engine: The conversion and migration engine was designed specifically for such physical-to-virtual and virtual-to-physical conversions. The engine is fully integrated with the Acronis disk imaging technology and can migrate systems to dissimilar hardware
- Fully customizable — Full Circle's wizard-based controls allow users to customize the migration process and migrate an entire system or specific files to another server
- Minimal disruption — With Full Circle, IT has the option of migrating either live data or data at rest with either an on-line or off-line migration
- Historic Data Retrieval — Full Circle is currently the only product that allows users to migrate historic data. Used in conjunction with Acronis True Image, which takes a snapshot of a server for backup purposes, Full Circle can take the backup image and migrate that to a new server
- Speed — Since Full Circle automatically modifies data to meet the criteria its new environments, migration times are reduced from days to hours and hours to minutes
- Ease of Use — The wizard-based controls driving Full Circle enable IT directors to delegate the migration process to less skilled data center employees, which frees ups senior personnel for more strategic assignments
Full Circle complements the existing Acronis line of storage, backup and disaster recovery products. Once data has been moved from server to server with Full Circle, organizations can continue to backup and restore both their physical and virtual servers using Acronis True Image.
Pricing will be announced when the product ships in volume. It will be sold through the company's direct sales staff and through resellers. The product is due to ship in volume in December.
Acronis is a global provider of leading backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sharing and file access solutions. Founded in 2002 Acronis has established itself as a fast-growing international company with more than 700 employees in 18 countries and partners in almost every country in the world. Acronis provides complete, efficient and reliable backup solutions for desktop, server, virtual and cloud environments as well as leading file sharing and sync solutions for mobile devices.
Acronis knows backup. The proof is in the more than 50 advanced backup and recovery technologies developed to date. Over 4.5 million consumers, small and medium businesses and service providers employ Acronis products to protect their critical data.
The company’s flagship product Acronis Backup & Recovery delivers sophisticated technology solutions packaged in an easy-to-use way that allows smaller companies to address their new enterprise-level requirements. Enterprises also use Acronis solutions to address their point disaster recovery, migration and end-point backup needs.
For additional information, please visit www.acronis.com.au. Follow Acronis on Twitter: http://twitter.com/acronis.
Acronis® and the Acronis logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Acronis International GmbH in the United States and/or other countries.