The Many Faces of Cloning Software
Seeing Double: Protect Your PC with Disk Cloning
Two Drives are Better than One: Put Cloning Software to Work for Your PC
It's Twice as Nice to Protect Your PC with Cloning Software
When Two Drives are Twice as Nice: Protect Your PC with Disk Cloning
Cloning is a buzzword that gets lots of press. Who wouldn't like to clone him- or herself? Who doesn't wonder how on earth scientists managed to clone sheep? Is there anything we can't clone these days?
While we may not have mastered cloning people quite yet, one industry that has mastered cloning is computing, where cloning software is a vital tool used to manage and protect data.
In this article, we'll take a closer look at what cloning programs can do as well as what are among the best hard drive clone software and the best software for data migration disk cloning. For those of you who are already lost, let's start with the basics.
What is disk cloning software?
Disk cloning is the process of copying the contents of one computer hard drive to another disk or to an "image" file. Typically, the contents of the first disk are written to an image file as an intermediate step, and the second disk is loaded with the contents of the image.
PC cloning software replicates the operating system, drives, software and patches of one computer for a variety of purposes, including reboot and restore, setting up multiple computers, hard drive upgrades and of course, a complete system recovery in the event of computer failure.
Other examples of the uses of disk cloning programs include:
- Moving to a larger capacity HDD – HDD cloning software transfers all of your hard drive information including the operating system and all installed programs from one hard disk to another without going through the technical process of reinstalling and reconfiguring your software, patches and drives.
- Upgrading Windows – Disk cloning programs can be used before upgrading your system such as switching from XP to Vista. Hard disk cloning software for Vista then allows you to rollback if needed to retrieve your data.
- Defending against software problems – Use disk clone software to restore the complete C disk drive to a clean state.
All of these can be done easily and efficiently using clone hard drive software. But it is important to invest the time in finding the PC cloning tools that are right for you.
Hard Drive Cloning Software Comparisons
For most home PC users, the biggest benefit of HDD cloning software is its ability to backup and restore your data in the event of an inevitable computer crash. All PC's are vulnerable to a variety of disasters ranging from accidental damage caused by humans to unpredictable acts of nature. And considering that most people today rely heavily on their computers to house financial data, calendars and contact information, digital photos and music collections, you probably don't want to take the chance of losing your data.
So how do you find the best hard drive clone software for you? You can start by checking out disk cloning software reviews, available through any major search engine. Look for these features when deciding on your cloning program.
- Simple – Disk cloning programs that utilize data migration to transfer data typically offer the easiest way to backup and restore your data. Make sure the drive cloning software you select is user-friendly and intuitive.
- Efficient – Look for a hard disk cloning software for Vista that allows you to restore multiple computers simultaneously instead of having to spend hours configuring them individually.
- Flexible - A good HDD cloning software should offer flexibility in terms of when, what and where to backup your data.
- Secure – Demand cloning software with the most stringent security available to ensure your data is protected and safe.
The Best Software for Data Migration Disk Cloning
When reviewing hard drive cloning software comparisons, one clone hard drive software that is mentioned again and again is True Image 2013 by Acronis. Acronis True Image disk clone software provides continuous data protection while maximizing your computer's performance during backups and minimizing storage space requirements. With Acronis True Image you have the benefit of numerous PC cloning tools, including flexible scheduling options, incremental drive imaging, the ability to choose what files and programs are backed up and a host of choices as to where to store your cloned disk image.
One Acronis True Image benefit often hailed in disk cloning software reviews is its simplicity of use. Easy-to-follow wizards guide even computer novices through the set-up process; once initial set-up is complete, the drive cloning software will run automatically, eliminating any further time or effort on the part of the end user. The cloning PC software automatically backs up your system partition to a location you decide that is safe and secure.
In closing, disk clone software just may be the perfect way to protect and manage your precious data. Whether you have one home computer or a business with multiple stations, Acronis True Image PC cloning software is a solution that just may be twice as nice as older backup methods. So what are you waiting for? Take advantage of cloning PC software today, and rest easy knowing your data is doubly protected.