Acronis AnyData Engine
The Acronis AnyData Engine provides complete protection across devices, operating systems, virtual environments, applications, and storage locations. Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine, Acronis Backup Advanced is a complete data protection platform with a unified user interface, backup policies, and easy-to-use centralized management.
Supported VMware environments
- VMware vSphere ESX(i) 6.0, 5.5, 5.1 and 5.0
Both ESX and ESXi hypervisors are supported.
Free VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) is supported with guest-level agent-based backup.
Supported Operating Systems (Windows Agent)
- Windows Server 2016, 2012/2012 R2, 2008/2008 R2, 2003/2003 R2
- Windows Small Business Server 2011, 2008, 2003/2003 R2
- Windows MultiPoint Server 2012, 2011, 2010
- Windows Storage Server 2012/2012 R2, 2008/2008 R2, 2003
- Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP Professional SP2+ (x86, x64)
- Windows 2000 SP4 *
- Local disks - SATA, SCSI, IDE, RAID
- Networked storage devices - SMB, NFS, iSCSI, FC, FTP
- Tape drives, autoloaders and tape libraries, including LTO-7
- Optical media - CD, DVD, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray
- Removable media - ZIP®, Rev®, RDX®, etc.
- External HDDs and SSDs - USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 and IEEE1394 (Firewire)
- Private, Hybrid and Public Cloud Storage - FTP, SFTP
- Acronis Cloud Storage