- Create, convert, copy, move and delete volumes
- Resize, split, and merge volumes without losing your data
- Format and label volumes, specify i-node density, change file systems or clusters size
- Assign volume letters, set active volumes and hide/unhide volumes
- Add or break mirrored volumes or span volume across multiple physical disks
- Create and repair RAID-5 volumes
- Convert between basic/dynamic and MBR/GPT disks
- Initialize newly added hard disks and import foreign disks
- Change disk status between online to offline
- Clone disks
- Basic and Dynamic (LDM) disks
- MBR and GPT disks
- FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, Ext2, Ext3 and ReiserFS3 file systems. Plus sector-by-sector mode for copying and moving partitions of any other type
Supported operating systems
Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced supports the following operating systems:
- Windows XP Professional (32/64 bit)
- Windows Vista Business (32/64 bit)
- Windows Vista Enterprise (32/64 bit)
- Windows Vista Ultimate (32/64 bit)
- Windows 7 Professional (32/64 bit)
- Windows 7 Enterprise (32/64 bit)
- Windows 7 Ultimate (32/64 bit)
- *Windows Server 2003 (32/64 bit)
- *Windows Server 2008 (32/64 bit)
- *Windows Server 2008 R2
- *Windows SBS 2003
- *Windows SBS 2008
*These OS are supported in Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Server.
Supported file systems
Acronis Disk Director supports the following file systems for performing operations:
- Linux SWAP
The operations resulting in a change of volume size—that is: Create (p. 34), Resize (p. 36), Copy (p.37), Move (p. 38), Merge (p. 39), Split (p. 41)—are not available for the XFS, Reiser4, HPFS and JFS file systems.
- Hard disk drives (HDD) and solid-state drives (SSD)
- Support for IDE, SCSI and SATA interfaces
- CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R (including double-layer DVD+R), DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, BD-R, BD-RE for bootable media creation*
- USB 1.1 / 2.0 / 3.0, FireWire (IEEE-1394) hard disk drives
- PC card storage devices
* Burned rewritable discs cannot be read in Linux without a kernel patch.
What customers say
I just want to say how very pleased and impressed I am with Acronis software. I’ve used Acronis Migrate Easy, Acronis Partition Expert then Acronis Disk Director and Acronis True Image. They work every time and I cannot praise them highly enough. I’ve used similar products from other suppliers and have experienced problems, either due to unclear instructions or difficult and confusing interfaces. Acronis products are easy to use in no small part because they have a clean and attractive graphical interface. But more importantly they work. I would recommend Acronis to anyone needing powerful, easy to use tools with non-intimidating graphics.
Davey Winder, PC Pro Magazine
If you’ve been looking for advanced disk management, coupled with a truly intuitive interface, the search is over.
Our test system (running Acronis Recovery Expert) worked effortlessly and quickly to find and restore a Linux partition that had been deleted months go. If you’ve ever lost a partition to buggy or malicious software, this utility alone may be worth the price (of Acronis Disk Director Suite).