BACKUP AND DISK MANAGEMENT FOR PERSONAL USE
Acronis Disk Director Home
With a comprehensive set of operations, you can organize your hard disk and volume configuration for optimal performance, while keeping your data safe.
Your most complete Disk Management Toolbox
Acronis Disk Director 11 Home is an all-new version of the most feature-rich disk management product available. If you're serious about maximizing disk use and data safety, it's never been easier to create hard disk partitions or resize, move or merge partitions without data loss. Acronis Disk Director 11 Home includes powerful new features like Windows® 7 support, Dynamic Disk and GPT disk support, spanning a volume across multiple disks and much more.
Acronis Disk Director Tools
A comprehensive array of expert-level features gives users the control they need to maximize disk use. You can merge, split, resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data. It also lets you quickly reorganize a hard drive's structure.
Acronis Recovery Expert
Acronis Recovery Expert is a highly reliable data partition and disk recovery tool that prepares you to tackle and repair the results of a personal error, hardware or software failure, virus attack or hacker's intrusive destruction, fast.
Acronis OS Selector
Acronis OS Selector allows you to install multiple operating systems on one computer. You can boot an operating system from any partition on any hard disk or have several multiboot systems on the same partition. It's easy to use and fast.
Clone disk to a replacement HDD
No need to spend hours installing your old disk's operating system and applications. Disk cloning returns you to action on the new disk in just minutes.
Convert MBR disk to GPT and vice versa
Take advantage of GPT disks' ability to run partitions larger than 2TB with a quick conversion function.
Full Windows® 7 Support
Acronis supports all Windows operating systems back to Windows XP.
GPT disks support
Frees you from the 2TB partition limit size imposed by MBR disk layouts.
Convert basic disk to dynamic and vice versa
As your requirements change, you can quickly convert between basic and dynamic disks in just moments.
Span volume across multiple physical disks
Supports up to 32 disks.
Dynamic disk support *
Using Partition Management, carry out volume resizing, copying and other functions you'd perform with basic disks on Dynamic Disks too.
Resize, split and merge volumes
It's easy to adjust a volume's size, break it up or merge volumes with no loss of data integrity, and no need to reinstall operating system and applications.
Create, convert, copy and move volumes
Make adjustments more easily than is possible with built-in disk management tools.
Install multiple operating systems on one PC.
Try new operating systems without impacting your current system with Acronis OS Selector.
Boot from CD/DVD, USB stick or USB drive
Use whatever medium is most convenient.
Use with True Image
When used with Acronis Disk Director 11 Home, it provides comprehensive partition management and system protection.
New! Add/break mirrored volumes *
Adding mirrored volumes builds redundancy for greater fault tolerance.
By dividing your hard drive into individual partitions for your operating system, programs, data files, music and images, you can do a better job of organizing your disk and, most importantly, achieve higher levels of data safety. Acronis Disk Director 11 Home makes this task a breeze. A comprehensive array of expert-level features gives users the control they need to maximize disk use. You can merge, split, resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data. It also lets you reorganize a hard drive's structure quickly to optimize disk space usage and more.
- Merge two partitions into one and leave your data untouched, even if file systems on the partitions are different
- FAT 16, FAT 32, NTFS, Linux Ext2, Ext3, ReiserFS, and Linux SWAP partition support. Special sector-by-sector support for copying and moving partitions of any other type.
- Browse through the detailed information about all hard disks, partitions and file systems
- Split one partition into two and leave your data intact
- Explore partition data before performing partitioning operations
- Troubleshoot issues and reasons for failure by viewing logs
- Hide or make visible partitions of any type
- Create and delete partitions of any type
- Format partitions*
- Automatically optimize hard disk space usage
- Resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data*
- Preview changes made in partition layout before applying them to disk
- Supports large disks: up to 2TB volumes on MBR and any size on GPT
Acronis Recovery Expert
Acronis is constantly optimizing the features and ease-of use of its products to keep you ahead of the curve. With Acronis Disk Director 11 Home we offer enhanced disk managing and partition recoveries with the inclusion of Acronis Recovery Expert. If you suffer a failed hard disk recovery or need to restore a deleted partition, you'll find that restoring it has never been easier!
Acronis Recovery Expert is a highly reliable data partition and disk recovery tool that prepares you to tackle and repair the results of a personal error, hardware or software failure, virus attack or hacker's intrusive destruction, fast. It recovers deleted or lost partitions quickly. And it gets you back to work in moments if your PC becomes unbootable after a power outage or a system error.
- Recover deleted or lost partitions on your hard drive
- Boot from bootable CDs, DVDs, USB flash drives or USB hard disk drives. Enables you to recover partitions even if your operating system fails to boot.
- User-friendly interface for superior usability and ease-of-use
Acronis OS Selector
Acronis® Disk Director® 11 Home includes a boot manager called Acronis OS Selector that is powerful, reliable, and easy-to-use.
Running on Windows® XP systems and higher (including Windows 7), it allows you to install multiple operating systems on one computer. You can boot an operating system from any partition on any hard disk or have several multiboot systems on the same partition. It's easy to use and fast.
Protect your data with Acronis' advanced boot manager
Acronis OS Selector allows you to install different multi-boot systems for your children, your work and for software tests. You can also protect multi-boot operating systems with passwords.
Use older programs and your most modern software on the same computer!
Your favorite games and applications don't work with Windows 7 or other recent operating systems? Simply install both Windows 7 and the applicable older Windows version and reboot when necessary.
Try Linux or any other operating system
If you haven't tried Linux® before, Acronis OS Selector is for you. We keep the process simple so you can try Linux or any Windows operating system, and take advantage of Acronis' highly flexible interface.
- Boot from an additional hard disk drive. Acronis OS Selector enables you to set the disk order so you can boot from any hard drive you select
- Insert a bootable CD/DVD and it will automatically be detected and displayed as a multiboot option by Acronis OS Selector
- Detect multiple operating systems that became unbootable due to some accidental reasons with Acronis OS Selector detection tool
- Protect multi-boot operating systems and setup with a password
- Exclusive! Install and boot an operating system from any partition of any hard disk
- Repartition your system for a new operating system installation
- Boot virus protection included
- Hide operating systems and partitions
- Clone an operating system installation as a back-up
- Support 100 or more operating systems including Windows 7 and Linux on a single PC
- Install several versions of Windows on a single partition. Operating systems with the same folder names (e.g. C:\Program Files) on one partition are supported
- Intuitive Windows-style interface with comprehensive on-line help and full mouse support
- Increased stability with respect to changes in partition and hard disk configurations
- You can power off the computer directly from the boot menu to save administrative steps
- Very flexible and fine adjustments of the boot menu
- Support operating systems both on primary and logical partitions of any hard disk drive.
- Make full copies of Windows 98 / Windows NT / Windows 2000 / Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 operating systems.
- Hide any partitions independently of any given operating system.
- Automatically boot default operating system.
- Update Windows 98 / Windows NT / Windows 2000 / Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 without losing a previous version.
- Boot Windows 98 / Windows Me / Windows 2000 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 from another hard disk.
- Support several Windows 98 / Windows NT® / Windows 2000 / Windows XP / Windows Vista™ / Windows 7 operating systems on a single partition.
Operating system detection
- Automatically detect both known and unknown operating systems.
- Detect the version number and language of an operating system.
- Detect and turn off boot managers built into operating systems.
- Automatically recover MBR.
- Support unknown operating systems.
- Detect operating system update.
Supported operating systems *
- Windows 3.1 + DOS
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows NT 3.1
- Windows NT 3.51
- Windows NT 4.0
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Linux (any distribution)
- SCO UNIX
- Special support for unknown systems
Acronis OS Selector is included with Acronis Disk Director 11 Home but requires a separate installation. First install Acronis Disk Director 11 Home. Then install Acronis OS Selector and reboot your system. Click here to learn more.
Supported operating systems
- Windows® 7 (all editions)
- Windows Vista (all editions)
- Windows XP (all editions)
Recommended hardware requirements
- Computer processor: 1Ghz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- System memory: 512MB or more
- Screen resolution: 1024x768 or higher
- CD / DVD recording drive, or a flash drive for bootable media creation
- Linux SWAP
Minimum hardware requirements
- Boot firmware: Bios-based *
- Computer processor: modern processor, 800Mhz or faster
- System memory: 256MB
- Screen resolution: 800x600 pixels
- Installation disk space: 150MB
- Other: Mouse
Supported file systems
- Linux SWAP