Acronis Opens New Data Centers in Asia and Europe to Deliver Localized Cloud StorageBurlington, MassachusettsAugust 28, 2014
Four new data centers meet customers’ data privacy and security concerns
Woburn, MA – August 28, 2014 – Today Acronis, the global leader in new generation data protection, announced it has opened four new data centers in Asia and Europe in addition to already working datacenters in the US and France. The new data centers, located in in Germany; Japan; Russia and Singapore, bring secure, localized data protection to Asian and European businesses that are concerned about the privacy and security of their data.
“Today, businesses feel apprehensive about storing their data in regions far from their own,” said Stanislav Protassov, Acronis co-founder and senior VP of engineering and R&D. “Following the recent NSA scandal, the concerns associated with storing data have become more pronounced, as businesses and consumers alike look for more local and secure data protection services. Due to these demands, we have made the logical step to open an entire network of data centers in Asia and Europe, giving businesses in those areas exactly what they want—the ability to store their data in their own region.”
In May 2014, Acronis and research firm IDC conducted a worldwide, cross-industry survey of small and medium-sized businesses (<1,000 employees) concerning their data protection and disaster recovery needs. The survey revealed that the majority (76 percent) of businesses prefer their data to be stored no more than 150 miles from their location. This finding, coupled with concerns resulting from recent data security breaches, highlights the need for data protection solutions offering cloud storage close to home.
Additional Acronis/IDC research findings include:
- Asian businesses prefer data in-country, while the US and Europe want it within 150 miles: 50% of SMBs in Singapore and 46% in Japan prefer to have their data stored in-country, while 26% of German SMBs and 25% in the US prefer to have their data stored in a cloud within country. Meanwhile, 48% of German SMBs and 64% of US SMBs prefer to have their data stored in a cloud within 150 miles, while 34% of SMBs in Singapore and 24% of Japanese SMBs have the same preference.
- Storing data offsite has become ubiquitous: 94% of respondents say they back up a portion of their data to a remote datacenters.
- Cloud is becoming more prevalent: 42% of respondents have at least some of their data in cloud
Acronis’ new data centers are held to the same high level of security requirements that Acronis demands of its entire global network of data centers, including in its established centers in the US and France. All Acronis data centers feature a Tier 3 rating by the Uptime Institute, redundant network connections and are powered by multiple sources of electricity. Furthermore, they have been built with hardware from the leading hardware vendors to ensure the highest level of reliability.
The new centers allow Asian and European channel partners and customers deploying any of Acronis’ cloud services to fully or partially back up their data to the Acronis cloud without compromising security or risking downtime. By storing data close to home, customers attain the geographic security of a localized storage service, latency reduction and the ability to meet the latest regional compliance regulations.
Acronis channel partners and customers in the Asian and European regions now have the ability to store locally data from all of the company’s cloud solutions:
- Acronis True Image offers consumers reliable image backup and recovery of their entire system – email, music, photos, videos, documents, personal settings, bookmarks, and all applications.
- Acronis Backup, the company’s a disk-based backup and disaster recovery solution for business desktops and laptops, takes a 'snapshot' of the disk using Acronis' patented disk imaging technologies, minimizing impact on end users and eliminating the need to take servers, workstations or laptops offline for a backup.
- With Acronis Backup as a Service, channel partners can compete with global cloud companies by delivering to their customers a comprehensive cloud backup and recovery solution.
- Acronis Backup Advanced for vCloudis the most comprehensive and powerful multi-tier, multi-tenant backup and DR solution for VMware vCloud Director. It enables cloud owners to easily deploy and configure a self-service Backup as a Service (Baas) for their cloud tenants. Using an intuitive web-based interface, cloud tenants can perform backup, file recovery, disaster recovery, and migration without any assistance.
- Acronis Backup to Cloud provides safe, secure and scalable disaster recovery, data protection, and off-site backup of any data, anywhere, anytime. It is a complete, user-friendly all-in-one backup solution – customers simply buy a subscription and select the storage size they need to easily back up disks, partitions, and files to Acronis’ secure Software-Defined Storage at a remote datacenter. They can also quickly recover entire files, folders, applications, or an entire system.
To download the IDC white paper, sponsored by Acronis, titled “Strong Cloud Growth Driving Businesses to Change Their Thinking on Data Protection Solutions,” please visit please visit our website.
IDC is a trademark or registered trademarks of International Data Group Inc. Acronis® is a registered trademark of Acronis International GmbH in the United States and other countries.
Acronis sets the standard for hybrid cloud data protection through its backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share solutions. Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine and set apart by its image technology, Acronis delivers easy, complete and affordable data protection of all files, applications and operating systems across any environment—virtual, physical, cloud and mobile. Founded in 2003, Acronis protects the data of over 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 145 countries. With more than 100 patents, Acronis products have been named best product of the year, and cover a range of features, including migration, cloning and replication. Today, Acronis solutions are available worldwide through a global network of service providers, distributors and cloud resellers.
Acronis International GmbH
+1 (646) 272-9435
Back to press releases