Acronis ships Acronis® Backup & Recovery™ 11Woburn, MassachusettsJune 21, 2011
New product family for integrated disaster recovery and data protection
Woburn, MA, June 21, 2011 – Acronis, a leading provider of easy-to-use disaster recovery and data protection solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments, today announced the general availability of Acronis® Backup & Recovery™ 11. The new product which allows organizations to simplify their disaster recovery and data protection needs is now available to purchase from Acronis channel partners.
Built upon Acronis’ established disk imaging technology, the business product family provides the market’s first affordable solution for integrated disaster recovery and data protection in one. Acronis® Backup & RecoveryTM 11 offers both a data-centric and a system-centric view of physical and virtual machines as well as providing secure offsite storage; this allows IT managers to simplify their operations from one unified platform, therefore saving costs.
“Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 is a step ahead when it comes to integrated backup, disaster recovery and data protection. Combining these in one platform and one solution opens new ways to implement policies and disaster recovery strategies across our organization,” said Sven Dreyfeldt, Siemens IT Solutions and Services GmbH.
“File-level backup and recovery on its own is an incomplete strategy when it comes to meeting today’s stringent recovery time objectives (RTOs) for complete system recovery,” says Lauren Whitehouse, senior analyst at ESG. “Solidifying solutions for bare metal recovery and file-level protection together makes sense in order to allow for more complete and robust disaster recovery and data protection strategies for small to medium sized businesses.”
Key new features include:
- Disaster Recovery and Data Protection in one solution
- System-centric approach to restore all data, files, applications and operating systems through disk imaging technology for fast restoration
- Data-centric approach allowing IT managers to recover, manage and search for individual files from a backup no matter where they’re located in the backup file archive
- Support for physical, virtual and cloud environments
- One of the few solutions available where IT managers can back up both physical and virtual environments, plus with Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Online™, files and full system images can be stored securely in the cloud
- New Virtualisation features
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Virtual Edition™ supports an unlimited number of migrations to and from the host machine
- Place an agent into the virtual machine and manage it exactly as you would manage a physical machine; and/or use a single host-based agent for VMware® vSphereTM or Microsoft® Hyper-VTM to manage all virtual machines on a host at once
- Simultaneous backups of virtual machines reduce virtual backup windows
- Ease of management
- Disaster Recovery Plans provide step-by-step instructions enabling even non-IT personnel to recover systems
Pricing and availability:
Acronis® Backup & Recovery™ 11 is available at $1399 per server from Acronis channel partners. Support for Microsoft® Exchange Server 2010 and Microsoft® SQL Server will be available at a later date.
Acronis is a global provider of leading backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sharing and file access solutions. Founded in 2002 Acronis has established itself as a fast-growing international company with more than 700 employees in 18 countries and partners in almost every country in the world. Acronis provides complete, efficient and reliable backup solutions for desktop, server, virtual and cloud environments as well as leading file sharing and sync solutions for mobile devices.
Acronis knows backup. The proof is in the more than 50 advanced backup and recovery technologies developed to date. Over 4.5 million consumers, small and medium businesses and service providers employ Acronis products to protect their critical data.
The company’s flagship product Acronis Backup & Recovery delivers sophisticated technology solutions packaged in an easy-to-use way that allows smaller companies to address their new enterprise-level requirements. Enterprises also use Acronis solutions to address their point disaster recovery, migration and end-point backup needs.
For additional information, please visit www.acronis.com. Follow Acronis on Twitter: http://twitter.com/acronis.
Acronis® and the Acronis logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Acronis International GmbH in the United States and/or other countries.
Back to press releases