- Current backup solution was failing to restore
- Needed to develop a reliable backup & recovery solution across the entire organisation
- Needed to rapidly re-install PCs in the event of system failure
- Protect business critical data
- 16 blade servers
- Specialist accountancy software: Accpac & Pastel
- 18 Acronis® Backup & Recovery™ 10 Advanced Server Licences
- 1 Acronis® Recovery™ for Microsfot® Exchangelicence
- Backup failure no longer an issue
- Recovery time reduced to just 1-2 hours on
- Assupol Life’s largest server
- Restore to dissimilar hardware five times faster using Acronis® Backup & Recovery™ 10 Universal Restore
- Business critical data is protected, preventing revenue loss as a result of downtime
Setting the Scene
When Shaheed Mahomed, Network Communications Specialist at Assupol Life, joined the company, he took over the disaster recovery strategy and he became extremely concerned about the current system. Assupol Life was using Symantec™ Backup Exec 2009 and after much perseverance,Assupol Life was unable to utilise the current backups effectively. This was particularly worrying for a number of reasons, the primary one being that the data being backed... up to the servers is business-critical.
Mahomed explains that, “A financial services company system downtimecan directly affect the company’s performance.” Assupol Life usesspecialist accounting software such as Accpac and Pastel systems, and the data from these systems needs to be constantly backed up at all times.