How to use VSS Doctor Tool
- 1 Download the Free VSS repair tool For Windows XP/Vista/7, Windows Server 2003/2008 For Windows 8 and later, Windows Server 2012 and later
- 2 Launch the tool (local administrator rights are required).
- 3 Click Start diagnostic and wait until it finishes.
- 4 Check out sections marked as
- 5 Click Save log if you want to save diagnostic results as a plain-text report.
- 6 If a Fix issues button is available, click on it to see the exact solutions proposed by the tool and proceed if you agree.
- 7 After fixing the found issues, click Start diagnostic again to check if all the issues were corrected.
- 8 Click Back up now to retry the backup operation that failed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any functional difference between .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.5 versions?
No, both versions are identical. The different versions of .NET Framework were simply built in order to avoid the additional installation of a specific version.
Why does the list of errors in the Event Log section change from run to run?
The list of errors in the Event Log section is a subset of Windows Event Log items, which only contain errors and warnings that have been logged during last 24 hours. Older items are removed as time passes and fresh items replace them.