By Iliyan Gerov, Senior Product Marketing Specialist, Acronis
For years, organizations have had little success protecting sensitive data from unauthorized transfer and exfiltration caused by insider risks or external attacks such as IT misconfigurations, human errors and threats.
This has left these businesses exposed to multiple consequences, including:
· Embarrassing headlines
· Damaged customer and partner trust
· Equity losses
· Human resource problems
· Regulatory sanctions
Data loss prevention (DLP) systems help control the transfer of sensitive data, also known as data leakage. However, the adoption of many DLP systems has been riddled with complexity, high costs, and a long time to value. This has made these systems more appropriate for the largest enterprises and leaving small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) in the dust.
· Complexity. DLP policies are not universal but highly business specific, and require ongoing adjustments.
· Costs. Traditional DLP solutions require extensive security, data protection, process and compliance expertise in combination with costly consultancy from the vendor.
· Time to value. Other DLP solutions have manual processes for policy creation and follow-up adjustments, turning implementation into complex multiyear projects.
Drawing from the vast experience Acronis has had enabling service providers to protect their client data, coupled with its decades of innovation in data protection, Acronis has now extended its Cyber Protect Cloud’s capabilities to protect sensitive data against unauthorized exfiltration.
Acronis Advanced DLP empowers your business to prevent data leaking from client workloads using unmatched provisioning, configuration and management simplicity. With its unique, behavior-based technology, you can automatically create and continuously maintain business-specific policies without requiring months to deploy, teams of IT specialists to manage, or a Ph.D. in privacy law to understand.
Here is what it does:
· Monitors for and blocks data leaks from 70 + local (e.g., USB, printers, removable storage, etc.) and network channels (e.g., cloud file sharing, instant messaging apps, email, etc.)
· Protects sensitive data with out-of-box data classification templates for common regulatory frameworks including GDPR, HIPAA and PCI DSS
· Baselines user data flows to automatically create initial business-specific policies
· Enables ongoing automated policy adjustments to business specifics, thereby minimizing manual involvement
· Enables rapid response and post-breach forensic investigations with robust audit and logging capabilities
· Uses the same unified Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud console and agent for data visibility and classification
Your business can now launch a DLP service that protects a client’s sensitive data against leakage and strengthens their regulatory compliance with the ease and speed you need. With Acronis Advanced DLP, you can minimize effort and cost to value. Aided by behavior-based DLP policy creation and extension, Acronis Advanced DLP unlocks the power of simplification, scales to meet business requirements and empowers you to boost profits.
For more information on Acronis Advanced DLP, click here. And better still, you can receive a free 30-day trial of Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, the one integrated platform built for service providers that unites backup and next-generation, MI-based anti-malware, antivirus and endpoint protection management in one solution.