Better security for your clients’ critical cloud collaboration applications.
Clients are increasingly dissatisfied with the native defense capabilities of Microsoft 365, as they are slow in detection and unable to prevent more advanced attack techniques. Advanced Email Security ensures all email-borne threats are blocked in seconds.
< 30 sec
Detection of malicious URLs
Detection of zero-days
Prevention of APTs
Prevention of ATO
Incident response services
- Case studyHawkins Technologies sees significant improvement with Acronis Advanced Email Security powered by Perception Point
Hawkins Technologies is an MSP operating in Lansdowne, PA for 40 years. As its customers shifted from Hosted Exchange to Microsoft 365, it noticed a surge in spam being missed by its existing Sophos solution. Already an Acronis partner, Hawkins easily added the Advanced Email Security Solution powered by Perception Point and has seen fantastic results.
- Case studyQuick Intelligence partners with Acronis for a better email security solution
Quick Intelligence is a leading provider of IT services related to data management, infrastructure, cloud and cyber security. Dave Millier, Quick Intelligence’s Chief Security Officer, talks about the many benefits his company has achieved using the Advanced Email Security pack with Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud — and how these solutions have improved customers‘ cybersecurity, too.
Protect not just emails, but clients’ riskiest collaboration tools
Protect clients’ collaboration apps, increasingly exploited in attacks with prioritized patching and exploit prevention. Leverage Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, integrating backup and disaster recovery, next-generation anti-malware, and cyber protection management.
Expand your services with advanced protection packs
Add other powerful components to strengthen your services even further with advanced protection packs and unique cyber protection capabilities. Control your costs by paying only for the functionalities your clients need.
- Advanced Security + EDRDesigned for service providers, Acronis EDR enables you to simplify endpoint security — rapidly detect, analyze and remediate advanced attacks while ensuring unmatched business continuity. Eliminate the cost and complexity of multiple point products and enable your team with one complete cyber protection solution that is simple to manage and deploy.
- Prioritization of security incidents
- AI-guided interpretations of attacks
- Business continuity with integrated backup and recovery
- Advanced SecurityEnhance your security services with integrated cyber protection that includes full-stack anti-malware. Increase your detection rate and responsiveness to the latest cyberthreats. Extend cyber protection to web browsing, backed-up data, the recovery process, and exploit prevention. Enable investigations by capturing forensic data in backups.
- Full stack anti-malware
- URL filtering
- Exploit prevention
- Advanced ManagementStreamline and automate your routine tasks via scripting and promptly close security gaps in clients’ infrastructure through patch management. Gain visibility into your clients’ software assets and data protection to ease daily tracking and planning tasks, and improve clients’ uptime by monitoring disk drives health.
- Cyber scripting
- Automated patch management
- Disk drive health monitor
- Advanced AutomationStreamline MSP business with a single integrated platform that automates workflows, improves customer interactions, and provides real-time business insights. Enable data-driven decisions and smarter resource utilization, resulting in improved manageability and value-based client relationships.
- High-performance automation
- Precise forecasting
- Next-level profitability
- Advanced BackupDefend clients’ data, even between scheduled backups. Extend backup capabilities to SAP HANA, Oracle DB, MariaDB, MySQL, and application clusters. You can also gain visibility into data-protection statuses across your clients’ infrastructure.
- Continuous data protection
- Data protection map
- Off-host data processing
- Advanced Disaster RecoveryGet clients back to business in mere minutes when disaster strikes by spinning up their systems in the Acronis Cloud and restoring them anywhere, ensuring immediate data availability. Make disaster recovery painless and increase efficiency with orchestration, runbooks, and automatic failover.
- Disaster recovery orchestration
- Production failover
- Site-to-site VPN
- Advanced Email SecurityBlock any email threat, including spam, phishing, business email compromise (BEC), account takeover (ATO), advanced persistent threats (APTs), and zero days in seconds before it reaches end users. Leverage Perception Point’s next-generation technology for lightning-fast detection and easy deployment, configuration, and management.
- Anti-phishing and anti-spoofing engines
- Anti-evasion and account takeover protection
- Next-generation dynamic detection against zero-days
- Advanced Data Loss Prevention (DLP)Prevent leakage of sensitive data from endpoints via more than 70 local and network channels and strengthen compliance with minimal effort and speed to value.
- Content-aware data loss prevention
- Automatic client-specific DLP policy creation and extension
- Pre-build data classifiers for common regulatory frameworks
- Advanced File Sync and Share
Looking for help?
Frequently Asked Questions
- What features are included in Advanced Email Security?
Advanced Email Security, powered by Perception Point, helps prevent all email-borne threats, including spam, phishing, BEC and impersonation attempts, ATO, malware, APTs, and zero days before reaching end users with multiple protection layers. It also enhances compliance and increases visibility into all actions performed by the admin users and the Incident Response team with a comprehensive audit log.
The anti-spam engines act as the first line of defense, applying anti-spam and reputation-based filters, including IP reputation checks, to email upon receipt — to block malicious or unwanted communication.
All emails are then recursively unpacked into smaller, individual components like URLs and files by anti-evasion technology. This process detects malicious embedded or hidden content. The URLs and files are separately run in multiple versions and patterns through the subsequent security layers to catch any hidden threats.
Advanced Email Security leverages powerful threat intelligence from six market-leading sources, combined with Perception Point’s technology that scans URLs and files in the wild to stay ahead of emerging threats.
Anti-phishing engines apply URL reputation filtering from four market-leading sources, combined with a unique image recognition technology that detects unknown, malicious URLs based on logos and images used on the webpage.
To catch payload-less attacks (BEC), such as impersonation attempts, look-alike domains, and display-name deceptions, Advanced Email Security leverages machine learning algorithms with IP reputation, sender policy framework (SPF), DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), and Domain-Based Message Authentication Reporting and Conformance (DMARC) record checks.
In order to prevent ATO, Advanced Email Security stops attackers from infiltrating the organization via credential phishing, analyzes end user patterns and behaviors to detect anomalies, prevents attackers from spreading malicious content to other users, and provides incident management of every account takeover attempt.
Known malware is stopped with the help of best-in-class, signature-based detection technologies, specifically developed to prevent email-borne threats, that act as another layer of protection on top of users’ local anti-malware solution.
The last line of defense is the next-generation dynamic scanning that prevents advanced threats that evade conventional defenses such as zero days and APTs. The unique, CPU-level technology acts earlier in the kill chain than any other solution to block attacks at the exploit phase by analyzing the applications’ execution flow during runtime to identify deviations from standard flow based on assembly code.
Moreover, service providers have access to a dashboard that provides a holistic view of the threat landscape across organizations with forensics data for each email, proactive insights on threats seen in the wild, and analysis of any file or URL on which the service delivery team needs forensics.
With the incident response service, you also gain access to cyber analysts that monitor all customer traffic and malicious intent with ongoing reporting and ongoing support, including handling false positives, remediating, and releasing when required.
- How easy is it to migrate to Advanced Email Security from another solution?
If you choose to migrate to Advanced Email Security from another solution, the process of upgrading your services is as seamless as possible. Advanced Email Security is an API-based email security technology that integrates directly into the email system without the need for any additional configuration, including configuring MX records.
If you already use Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, implementing Advanced Email Security happens with the flip of a switch.
- Will Advanced Email Security affects clients’ email delivery?
Due to the unmatched detection speed, which is up to a few seconds, compared to seven to 20 minutes for legacy sandboxing solutions, all emails are scanned before delivery to end users with near-zero delays to ensure proactive protection without disrupting every day business process.
- What is email security?
Email security ensures the availability, integrity and authenticity of email communications by detecting and blocking email threats to reduce the risks of email-borne attacks.
- What are some types of email security threats?
Email security threats come in many forms:
- Spam is any type of unwanted, unsolicited digital communication that is sent out in bulk.
- Phishing is a common attack technique that utilizes deceptive communications (including email, instant messages, SMS, and websites) from a seemingly reputable source in order to gain access to sensitive information.
- Business email compromise (BEC) involves phishing emails that use impersonation and company knowledge to trick employees to wire money or data, or to change bank account information.
- Account takeover (ATO) also known as account compromise, occurs when a cyber attacker gains control of a legitimate account. Once they have control of an account, they can launch a variety of attacks, such as supply-chain phishing, data exfiltration, financial fraud, etc.
- Malware is an application written with the intent of causing damage to systems, stealing data, gaining unauthorized access to a network, or generally wreaking havoc.
- Ransomware is a form of malware that infects systems and encrypts files. The user cannot access their data until a ransom is paid in exchange for a decryption key. Once the ransom is paid, a user can only hope that the attacker will provide the decryption key and permit them to regain access to their files.
- Advanced persistent threats (APTs) are complex attacks intended to establish an illicit, long-term presence in a network in order to collect highly sensitive data or compromise an organization’s operability.
- Zero-day exploits refer to a vulnerability that is actively being exploited in the wild, but is not yet known to the software provider. Thus, a software patch to fix the exploit is unavailable.
- Is email security important?
Email is the primary attack vector, with 94% of malware being delivered via email, according to a 2019 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report. More recent reports from Verizon, HP and Acronis still point to email as one of the most common entry points for attacks.
Cybercriminals will continuously target business’ email accounts, attempting to open a backdoor and infiltrate an organization’s network. That’s why it is vital to secure your clients’ riskiest communication channel. It’s important to note that no matter how trained an employee is, they receive hundreds of emails a day and with email exhaustion, they can inadvertently click on a malicious email.
- Do MSPs need email security?
Amidst the rising number of digital threats, more service providers are seeing cybersecurity as their primary revenue generator. Email security is an essential service for the majority of businesses as email is still the most used communication channel and the primary channel cybercriminals attack.
To remain competitive and reduce security risks for clients, service providers must offer a portfolio of services with multiple defense layers, including email security. Launching such a service can help MSPs increase their client base and increase per client revenues.
- What languages are available in the Advanced Email Security management console?
Advanced Email Security management console UI is available in these languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian and Portuguese.