Acronis #CyberFit Summit Kicks Off in Abu Dhabi
Modern threats to data, applications, and systems don’t only exist in one region of the world – the challenge of safeguarding digital environments and assets is a global one. IT professionals, service providers, resellers, and system integrators around the world all need strategies and solutions that will help them protect everything they need to guard.
Given the Middle East’s rapid ascent as a global technology center, the region has become an attractive, target-rich environment for cybercriminals. In fact, one recent report showed a 12% year-over-year increase in malware attacks in the UAE during the first three months of 2019.
With 6,000 resellers promoting and using Acronis technology in the region, the Middle East is becoming one of the fastest-growing markets for Acronis. That’s why we’re hosting this week’s Acronis #CyberFit Summit in Yas Island Rotana, Abu Dhabi, spreading the cyber protection revolution to this flourishing market.
Starting with a training day on Wednesday, November 27 and running through Thursday, November 28, this signature event is designed to meet the demand for thought leadership, business development, and training surrounding cyber protection – which IDC has dubbed the new IT discipline.
The need for modern cyber protection
During the past two years, Acronis has been at the forefront of cyber protection, combining the capabilities of reliable data protection with cutting-edge cybersecurity technologies that address all Five Vectors of Cyber Protection — ensuring the safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security of data, applications, and systems (or SAPAS).
At the Acronis #CyberFit Summit in Abu Dhabi, world-class speakers will share their insights so attendees can accelerate their businesses by leveraging this rapidly growing segment of the industry.
By participating in the two-day event, attendees will see how technologies like blockchain, artificial intelligence/machine learning, and cloud services are being used to stop the kind of IT disasters that can cripple organizations and their infrastructure.
Gathering the experts
Keynotes, panels, and breakout sessions will be led by industry and business experts from around the world. Among the speakers scheduled to participate are:
- Abdul Wahid Mattoo: Manager of the Cyber Security Operations Center at du
- Greg Swimer: Chief Technology Officer, City Football Group / Manchester City Football Club
- Ilya Shimchik: Team Principal Atlasracing - Roborace AI Racing
- Mauro Pezze: Professor, Schaffhausen Institute of Technology
Several Acronis executives will be sharing their thoughts on the latest advances and showcasing the company’s newest cyber protection solutions. Among the Acronis leadership will be:
- Serguei Beloussov: Founder and CEO of Acronis
- Nick Grebennikoff: Acronis Development Officer
- Bertil Brendeke: Vice President Acronis Cloud Europe and Middle East
- Markus Bauer: Partner Technology Evangelist, Acronis
- Victor Batraev: Lead Program Manager, Acronis
In addition to insights from these business and technology leaders, there will be an additional Women in Tech program offered that examines how women are influencing the fields of technology and motorsport. Joining this discussion will be:
- Jamie Chadwick: Development Driver, ROKiT Williams Racing
- Susie Wolff: Team Principal, ROKiT Venturi Racing
- Aseel Al-Hamad: Entrepreneur, Interior Design Engineer and Representative of Women in Motorsport in Saudi Arabia
- Claire Williams: Deputy Team Principal, ROKiT Williams Racing
- Leoni Rossberg: Project Manager, Acronis Cyber Foundation
- Cheryl Robinson: Founder of Ready2Roar, and regular contributor for ForbesWomen
Educational, informational program
The goal of the Acronis #CyberFit Summit is to help every member of the Acronis ecosystem make the most of the opportunities that modern cyber protection presents. The Summit topics are therefore aimed at helping managed service providers (MSPs) and resellers increase their business while providing system integrators and business leaders actionable insights into cyber protection.
Some of the topics to be covered include: a look at the opportunities for service providers; how to modernize your business and grow revenues with Acronis Cyber Cloud; a review of innovations in cyber protection; an overview of Acronis Cyber Platform; and how modern infrastructure options create opportunity over complexity.
Training and certification will be offered free of charge for sales professionals and backup specialists, and a new cloud solutions workshop will also be offered.
In addition, all attendees will be offered a free voucher for Acronis Certified Engineer Cyber Cloud training, a course that normally costs $1,000.
Stay up-to-date with everything from the Acronis #CyberFit Summit
The Summit’s full agenda and list of speakers are available on the event website. To make the most of their time at the Summit, however, attendees are encouraged to download the Acronis Events Mobile App.
By using the app, you’ll receive all the information you need to more easily navigate the Abu Dhabi event as some of the presentation times may change or keynotes are rescheduled. Using the app will ensure you don’t miss the programming you are most interested in.
- Download the Acronis Events app for iOS from the App Store
- Download the Acronis Events app for Android from Google Play
And be sure to follow Acronis and #CyberFit on social media for up-to-the-minute updates.