Announcing Acronis Cyber Platform #CyberFit Workload Bounty Program
Today we are announcing the Acronis Cyber Platform #CyberFit Workload Bounty Program – an initiative centered on our commitment to provide developers, ISVs, service providers, and OEMs programs that will drive greater cyber protection across more applications and systems.
The world’s data volume increases day by day, and the number of data types is growing as well. Databases, SaaS solutions, IoT devices are very different data sources, yet they need to be protected, backed up and restored differently.
The Acronis Cyber Platform #CyberFit Workload Bounty Program aims to encourage organizations to develop and integrate the kind of native cyber protection solutions needed to meet the current explosion in data volumes and data sources – all of which needs protection.
Acronis Cyber Platform
First opened in early access mode in April 2019 and then generally available in October 2019, the Acronis Cyber Platform is the foundation of all Acronis Cyber Protection Solutions. We’ve continued opening and expanding the APIs and SDKs since the launch, and the platform has generated tremendous interest and kicked off numerous projects around the world.
Since launching the platform, we’ve also introduced the Acronis Developer Network, a portal where developers, ISVs, and service providers can register and gain access to the documentation, sample code, tutorials, training materials, developer’s blog, forums, and a developer sandbox. We’ve also announced the Acronis Cyber Cloud Solutions portal, where existing and new integrations are described and made available to our ecosystem in one place.
The Acronis Cyber Platform enables developers to integrate, customize, and extend solutions to protect new data sources, add new data storage locations, and implement new data management functionality with Acronis Cyber Protection Solutions.
APIs currently available
The API economy is growing rapidly and in April 2020 Cloud Elements, an API platform, surveyed over 400 integration professionals and IT executives. The findings revealed that 83% said API integration is “critical” to their business strategy.
Acronis has three APIs publicly available, including the Account Management API, Files Sync & Share API, and Notary API.
- The Account Management API enables developers, service providers, resellers, distributors, and OEMs to automate their business tasks including account and services provisioning, reporting, billing automation, and more.
- The Files Sync & Share API allows developers, ISVs, and OEMs to integrate, customize and extend their solutions with secure content management features, including automation of file storage, sync, share and search plus the ability to notarize any file.
- The Notary API empowers developers with notarization, electronic signature, and authenticity verification of files and Amazon S3 objects of any size by using the Ethereum or Zero-Trust Consortium blockchain.
Acronis Data Source SDK
In response, we’ll be making the first version of the Acronis Data Source SDK available later this year in Q4. This will provide the ability to develop a wide array of cyber protection solutions, including backup and archives based on many data types.
We want to support early adopters for that SDK as well as to gather feedback and requirements for these new workloads that need protection, which prompted today’s announcement of the Acronis Cyber Platform #CyberFit Workload Bounty Program.
Acronis Cyber Platform #CyberFit Workload Bounty Program
Under the bounty program, all new solutions developed on the Acronis Cyber Platform will be considered for recognition. Examples might include a service that adds cyber protection to SaaS applications like Quickbooks or Zendesk or the addition of native cyber protection to popular ERP and HCM applications.
The best solution will be selected in September 2020 by Acronis CEO Serguei Beloussov and Jan-Jaap Jager, Acronis Board Adviser and SVP of Acronis Cyber Platform – Extensions.
The chosen solution will receive:
- An invitation for one person from the team to join and speak in a session and/or an expert panel at the Acronis Global Cyber Summit 2020* where they can share their solution.
- The solution will be featured during the celebration party at the Acronis Global Cyber Summit.
- If the solution is represented by a company, the company can get a waiver of the Acronis #CyberFit Connected Partner program fee, valued at $4,500.
- The benefits of Acronis #CyberFit Connected Partner include Tier-4 free professional support, free up to 1TB of Acronis Cloud Storage for internal usage, dedicated technical, business, and marketing support. Details about the Acronis #CyberFit Partners Program are available here.
- The solution will be featured in the Acronis Developer and Corporate blogs
To participate in the Acronis Cyber Platform #CyberFit Workload Bounty Program, please register for the Acronis Developer Program and reach email Stanislav Pavlov, the Acronis #CyberFit Developer Program Evangelist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jumpstart your project! Acronis also recently announced the Acronis #CyberFit Developer Business Automation Training Program. Learn more and register for the course at https://developer.acronis.com/training/
* Participation, transportation, and accommodation will be covered by Acronis