The philosophy of cyber protection: An interview with Candid Wüest
Our very own VP of Cyber Protection Research, Candid Wüest, recently sat down for a video interview with Katie Teitler, Senior Analyst at cybersecurity analyst firm TAG Cyber. Candid and Katie spoke about the philosophy of cyber protection — the integration of data protection and cybersecurity — and how Acronis has translated this into its flagship solution, Acronis Cyber Protect.
In a 24-minute conversation, Candid shared a bit about his own personal journey into the world of cybersecurity, and how Acronis’ novel, integrated approach motivated him to join the company in a technical and research-oriented capacity. Their discussion covered a wide range of timely topics, including:
- Why simple backup or antivirus solutions are insufficient to combat modern cyberthreats.
- The importance for organizations to take a holistic, integrated approach to cyber protection — one that covers all endpoints, workloads and data, regardless of location.
- How simple, efficient, and automated cyber protection solutions can allow for maximum resilience.
- New and novel types of cyberthreats, including how the latest ransomware attacks specifically target backups for encryption or deletion.
- How Acronis Cyber Protect delivers an end-to-end solution — from vulnerability assessments and patching, to intelligent threat detection, to root cause analysis and forensic backups for post-attack investigations.
- The ease and flexibility of Acronis Cyber Protect, and how clients can enable and disable features.
Watch the full interview here: