VMware Cloud lets you run, manage, connect and protect all of your apps on any cloud, letting you choose the cloud or clouds that best meets your app and business needs for the ultimate in cloud computing flexibility.
You can unify hybrid and native clouds, and manage your entire workload from one environment. Insights can be gained across both public and private clouds to know where workloads are deployed, and how resources are being used, while leveraging a single operational and security model to minimize risk, reduce complexity, and improve ROI.
You can deploy any app to any cloud without changes, re-architectures or conversions, and simplify app modernization strategies, while reducing risk and vulnerabilities across core infrastructure and apps with consistent security models and policies.
Although it is possible to officially run your VMware workloads on any cloud, including Microsoft’s officially supported Azure cloud service, VMware’s own solution is known as VMware Cloud on AWS, with the company promoting AWS as “the world’s leading public cloud”.
VMware Cloud on AWS
Having first rolled out in mid-2017, VMware Cloud on AWS replaced the company’s own public cloud business, ensuring VMware could focus on cloud computing products and services as the leading server virtualization company, with cloud data center management in the hands of Amazon.
The solution delivers a seamless hybrid cloud that extends the on-premises vSphere environment to AWS Cloud, running VMware’s software-defined data center stack, billed as “the only hybrid cloud solution that allows you to modernize, protect and scale vSphere-based applications leveraging AWS”.
What does the VMware Cloud Provider Program Offer?
VMware explains its program is comprised of VMware software-as-a-service offerings and its global ecosystem of VMware Service Provider Partners. It is billed as “the ideal solution for all companies that offer hosted services to third parties, including infrastructure as a service (IaaS) providers, cloud service providers (CSPs), application service providers (ASPs), Internet service providers (ISPs) and platform as a service (PaaS) providers”.
The company says its VMware Cloud Provider Program is the world’s largest network of validated cloud services based on VMware technology, and enables partners to consume VMware products on a pay-as-you-go, pay-as-you-grow, monthly subscription model.
By offering a wide range of VMware-based cloud services on a geographical basis, VMware Cloud Service Providers can offer hybrid cloud services that quickly and seamlessly extend the customer’s data center into the cloud using the same VMware products and tools they already use on premise.
How can you benefit from using Acronis Cyber Cloud?
Acronis Cyber Cloud is a platform that enables service providers to deliver cyber protection in an easy, efficient and secure way.
With one solution, you and your customers gain access to backup, disaster recovery, AI-based malware and ransomware protection, security and management tools, file sync and share, and blockchain-based file notarization and e-signature services, all managed from a single console.
Compatible with VSphere from version 5.0 through to 6.7.2, Acronis Cyber Cloud is built for MSPs and offers agent-less and agent-based protection of 20+ workloads, including VMware.
It features integrated protection against malware, including ransomware and cryptojacking, and offers a range of service provider features for superior service-delivery efficiency.
Acronis Cyber Cloud also features a range of integrations and apps in the areas of service automation, data sources, RMM and PSA systems, data destinations, IaaS solutions and security services.
The service provider benefits are as follows:
• Start fast with zero upfront cost
• Just a few clicks to get up and running
• No investment with the Acronis-hosted model
• One simple deployment for three services
• A ramp-up period for new partners
Satisfy your customers
• Manage storage tiers and costs
• Balance speed of recovery and costs
• Comply with local regulations
• Choose a user interface from 25 languages
Reduce churn and earn more
• Increase Average Revenue Per User (ARPU)
• Sell more services and storage
• Easily customize your offerings
• Bundle with other services
• White-labeling option for all services
• “Powered by Acronis” logo
• Stores data locally, in Acronis Cloud Storage, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or in your data center
• Protects more customer data sources than competitive solutions
Fits your business model
• Offers a choice of Acronis-hosted, Hybrid or SP-hosted deployment
• Adjusts to any pricing model
• Natively integrates with Autotask, ConnectWise, cPanel, Flexiant, HostBill, Kaseya, CloudBlue, Plesk, WHMCS, and more
• Offers an API for additional integrations
Apply unique technologies
• Acronis Active Protection against ransomware
• Acronis Notary and Acronis ASign for blockchain-based data verification
• Acronis Universal Restore for fast recovery to any hardware
• Acronis Instant Restore to recover systems in seconds
The services included within Acronis Cyber Cloud are as follows.
This delivers integrated backup, malware protection, remote desktop, management and security tools.
This is the #1 hybrid cloud BaaS for any virtual, physical and cloud environment
Offers turn-key DRaaS for virtual and physical workloads, build on Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud
Delivering file sync and share with uncompromised security and flexible storage
Achieve blockchain-based file notarization, e-signing and authenticity verification
This is a brandable, scale-out, cost-efficient and multi-purpose SDS solution for the edge
Why should MSPs and cloud service providers partner with Acronis?
• Keep informed about the new features and benefits that the Acronis Cyber Cloud offers and improve your service offerings.
Free access to collateral and sales tools
• Leverage our tools, including whitepapers, contract templates, case studies, and presentations in your own sales and marketing initiatives.
White-label and branding
• Completely rebrand your solution and benefit from the power of the Acronis brand using the “Powered by Acronis logo” and showing your customers that your solution is built on a platform they can trust.
Participate in Acronis marketing initiatives
• You and your customers will have the opportunity to participate in Acronis press releases, case studies, and other marketing initiatives that can help build your market presence.
Free 30-day trial period
• Provide customers with product demos on Acronis services and a free 30-day trial period to minimize barriers to entry. Acronis Cyber Cloud services trials can be automatically converted to paid subscriptions.
Dedicated technical and sales support
• Get pre- and post-sales support from a designated team of specialists to help you assist your customers in any stage of the customer lifecycle. Tier II technical support is available 24/7/365 free of charge, exclusively for certified Acronis partners.
Available professional services
• The Acronis Professional Services team is available to ensure the success of your Acronis implementations. Get professional assistance with complex deployments.
Training and certifications
• Acronis training and certification courses are tailored to teach you how to sell, implement, and solve all challenges in the shortest time possible.
Acronis is ready to help VMware cloud service providers take full advantage of the benefits of cloud computing for themselves and their clients with a very wide range of features and benefits that enhance the VMware Cloud for AWS experience.
Acronis works with any cloud service, has extremely mature services and technology, is innovating at a rapid pace to improve its offerings to all, and is ready to help MSPs and cloud service providers offer the most advanced products and services.