Acronis is committed to making Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud the most comprehensive cyber protection platform for service providers. As part of that commitment our team is constantly enhancing and evolving our flagship product, adding new capabilities to provide service provider partners with a platform that delivers optimal protection for all of their clients’ unique IT needs and streamlined management to make it easier for service providers to stay productive and profitable as they deliver cyber protection services.
With our November 2021 update to Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, service provider partners are empowered to extend their protection across more diverse environments, provide clients with a smoother data recovery experience and expand their offering with new advanced protection packs and integrations. Plus, we’ve developed new features to ease service provider management responsibilities, opening the door for MSPs to increase their productivity, streamline their support processes and achieve greater growth in the months ahead.
New features in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud
· Immutable storage: With the November 2021 update, MSPs can ensure that client data is safe and able to be recovered from any failure scenario. This enables service provider partners to more reliably prevent intentional and accidental data loss and helps them to strengthen their compliance with data privacy and security regulations.
· Improved usage reports: MSPs can now provide detailed usage metrics to clients with ease – matching metrics to their respective prices and delivering clear and transparent reports to clients quickly.
· Expanded backup and recovery options for VMware Cloud Director backup operators: VMware Cloud Director backup operators are now empowered to exercise more granular control over tenants’ data protection to ensure that relevant data control policies are always being complied with.
· Cybersecurity support for Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022: MSPs can now extend the security and protection they offer to the latest versions of Microsoft’s operating systems, enabling greater coverage for their clients as they upgrade their environments.
· New macOS web installer: Service providers can simplify provisioning, eliminating the need to download separate installers depending on whether the target system uses an Intel or Apple M1 CPU.
New Advanced Pack capabilities for Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud
Two Advanced Packs – from the growing stable of optional service expansion and specialization tools that can be added on to a service provider partner’s Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud license – see enhancements with the November 2021 release:
· Off-host data processing (Advanced Backup) reduces demand on clients’ workloads by offloading backup replication, validation, retention and conversion operations to a virtual machine. By converting backups into Scale Computing HC3 VMs, providers can simply boot from the virtual machine to achieve near-zero RTOs.
· Logical volume (LVM) support (Advanced Disaster Recovery pack) extends Acronis’ disaster recovery capabilities to users’ physical and virtual Linux workloads
New Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud integrations
“We’re always working to ensure that our MSP partners can fit our comprehensive cyber protection solutions neatly into their existing workflow,” said Gaidar Magdanurov, Acronis Chief Success Officer. To do that, a growing stable of solutions integrate with Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, enabling service providers to connect their separate third-party tools and gain improved usability.
New integration improvements include:
· An Integrations tab: MSPs can now gain one-click access to management of all their integrated service provider tools through a new tab in the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud console.
· Support for two-way quota sync: Sync two-way quota management between Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud and ConnectWise Manage and automate the process of updating services and agreements.
· Support for service name auto-creation: With the November 2021 update, service provider partners can reduce manual work and automate the process of mapping services within Autotask PSA.
Improved usability in Acronis Cyber Files Cloud
Today’s workforce is more distributed than ever, and remote collaboration support is a necessity. Acronis’ November 2021 cloud update includes usability improvements for Acronis Cyber Files Cloud, the company’s secure file sync-and-share solution designed for service providers. Uploading has been simplified with the introduction of drag-and-drop support directly into the web UI, while changes to how files and folders are displayed adds greater visibility for end users.
For more details about what’s new in this month’s release, see the complete release notes. You can also visit our What’s New page to stay up-to-date on the latest additions and enhancements to Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud going forward.