Disk cloning vs. disk imaging
Each has their uses for data migration and system backup and recovery. In both instances, Acronis True Image makes replicating a disk easier than ever.
- Create an exact, bit-by-bit replica of a disk on a second hard drive
- Recommended for data migration
- Instantly boot from a clone by connecting the new drive
- Requires the same disk space as the original
- Only one clone can be stored per disk
- Disk clones cannot be updated with new data
- Back up all the contents of a hard drive to a single compressed file
- Recommended for data recovery
- Image needs to be restored (installed) before booting
- Compressed image files are smaller than the original
- Multiple images can be stored per disk
- Disk images can be updated incrementally
Disk сloning is now “active”
No need to shut down Windows and restart using bootable media. Unlike other disk cloning software, with Acronis True Image 2018 you can create a clone directly on your USB external drive or local drive while still using the computer.
So keep working, listening to music, or whatever. You’ll be able to boot your entire system directly from the new disk, no problem.
Create a full image backup in two clicks
Make sure you protect everything you need to restore your system, including boot information, applications, settings and hidden files. By creating a full image backup – also called a mirror image backup – you’ll have all of the changes to your files, programs and preferences that have been added since the hard disk was set up … and the incremental approach requires less time than duplicating the entire source drive.
With our disk imaging software, you’ll an easy, secure and reliable way to restore your system.
- Microsoft Windows
- Windows 10 April 2018 Update
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- Windows 10 Creators Update
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1 （所有版本）
- Windows 8 （所有版本）
- Windows 7 SP1 （所有版本）
- Windows Home Server
- Windows XP SP3 （32-bit）
- Apple Mac OS X
- High Sierra 10.13
- Sierra 10.12
- El Capitan 10.11
- Yosemite 10.10
- Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 仅磁盘或分区备份/恢复操作支持 Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 文件系统
- ReiserFS 仅磁盘或分区备份/恢复操作支持 ReiserFS 文件系统
- Linux SWAP 仅磁盘或分区备份/恢复操作支持 Linux SWAP 文件系统
- HFS+ 仅 Mac 支持
- iOS 8.0 or later
- Android 4.1 or later