No one else can access your offsite data—not even Acronis.
Because high-level data privacy is critical, Acronis Backup to Cloud includes government-approved AES-256 encryption as a standard feature. You can also create a unique password, ensuring authorized access only.
For maximum availability, your backup data is split between multiple servers similar to RAID, with additional Reed–Solomon error correction.
Fire Detection and Suppression
Acronis datacenter tech rooms are equipped with VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) Air Sampling and Dual Zone Pre-Action (Dry Pipe). We’ve also included temperature and humidity monitoring.
Redundant Power and Networks
Acronis datacenters are equipped with UPS and backup diesel-generators, and can ensure constant power availability for up to 48 hours during an undefined power outage. We’ve also included redundant HVAC, networks, and UPS.
Data Transfer Security
Customers are identified by username and password. Authentication information is sent securely over 2048 bit SSL.
Onsite Monitoring and Security
Physical security is ensured via high fences, 24x7 security personnel, and video surveillance with 90-day archiving. Biometric hand-geometry scan and proximity key card are required for access.
Initial Seeding & Large Scale Recovery
Initial SeedingAcronis offers an additional Initial Seeding service for larger amounts of data that might be too cumbersome for your network bandwidth.
- Make a full system backup to an external hard disk drive.
- Mail the drive to Acronis, and we will safely transfer your backup to Acronis cloud storage for total protection.
- Continue your protection with smaller incremental backups made directly to the Acronis cloud.
Large Scale RecoveryIf you need to recover larger amounts of data quickly, Acronis offers a convenient Large Scale Recovery service.
- Simply order a hard drive with your backup from our datacenter
- We will mail it to you via overnight delivery.
- Restore the data from the hard disk, avoiding potential network bottlenecks
Choose your Acronis Backup to Cloud subscription based on the system(s) you wish to protect:
for PC to Cloud
If you are using your Acronis Backup to Cloud subscription to protect one or more PCs, we recommend choosing this per-machine subscription specifically tailored for smaller SMB/SOHO workstation fleets. To ensure maximum benefits, this subscription includes unlimited storage space.
for AnyServer to Cloud
If you are a small-medium sized business with only 1-3 servers to back up, we recommend choosing this server-based subscription designed specifically for server backups. This subscription applies to any type of server: physical servers (Windows or Linux) or virtual hosts (VMware, Hyper-V, and more).
If you are a larger organization with multiple systems to protect, we recommend choosing our volume subscription for the additional benefits it provides:
- Full storage usage Did you know that most cloud subscriptions following a per-device licensing model use only 25% of the allocated storage capacity? With our volume subscription, you will use more of your storage space (and as a result, get a far better return on your investment).
- No additional fees Pay only one universal fee to back up your entire environment! Simply select the size required for your total infrastructure (physical servers, virtual servers, and workstations). Storage options range from 500GB to 15TB, but contact us if you think you need more.
- Simple installation & activation Acronis volume subscriptions eliminate the need to purchase individual licenses that must be activated on each device. Simply purchase one volume subscription for all your machines (that you only need to activate once).
- Flexibility Because our volume subscription is not based on per-machine installations, there is no need to worry about device deprecation or replacement. Just bring the new machine online and start the backup process as usual!