Successful MSPs today are always on the lookout for opportunities to make their operations more efficient and more integrated. After all, a service provider that optimizes its efficiency is more productive, more available for new client acquisition, and – overall – more profitable.
In the September Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud release, we’ve rolled out new features, enhancements, and RMM integrations to enable MSP partners to automated more of their processes, simplify management, and earn more for their business.
VMware Cloud Director: More backup options for tenants
With the September release of Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, MSP partners can offer their clients even more flexibility with new VMware Cloud Director configuration customizations. The vCloud Director end-users responsible for management of backups can now configure additional backup options when creating a protection plan for vCloud Director virtual machines:
- File filters - exclude unnecessary files from entire VM backups
- Error handling - define the re-try logics during backup processing to handle network disconnects and other issues
- Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) for virtual machines - define the consistency level of the VM snapshot to be used during backup
Addigy, Datto RMM, Ninja RMM, and Paessler PRTG integrations now available
One of the most prevalent challenges MSPs face today is countering the huge number of cyberthreats they and their clients face. To do that, 70% of MSPs rely on up to five different security vendors. This results in increased complexity and results in missed threat alerts, critical updates, and security gaps.
Acronis works to solve this challenge for MSP partners, expanding the list of integrated solutions that partners can access and manage with Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud.
With the September release of Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, new integrations are now available to help MSPs deliver the comprehensive cybersecurity, data protection, and endpoint protection management their clients demand through interfaces they’ve already mastered. New integrations include:
- Addigy – enables partners to gain visibility and improve security within their Mac environments, strengthening backups and simplifying management by applying sophisticated protection plans through the same interface used to manage other service offerings.
- Datto RMM - enables MSPs to deploy Acronis agents to workloads managed by Datto RMM, and to manage the protected workloads directly from the Datto RMM interface.
- Ninja RMM - allows MSPs to deploy Acronis agents to workloads managed by Ninja RMM, apply and revoke protection plans, and to retrieve protections status and alerts.
- Paessler PRTG - enables monitoring of Acronis Cyber Cloud protected workloads within Paessler PRTG. Status and protection data from Acronis is available as channel information for the MSP on the Custom Sensor page in PRTG. PRTG can then display the data as a table or gauge chart, easily configurable on the UI. Live data is available by default as the Acronis integration plug-in provides the data through PRTG channels.
Mobile support enhancements
Finally, the September release of Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud adds new enhancements for iOS and Android service offerings.
- Android users can now choose whether to restore deleted pictures and videos or not
- iOS users can select backed up photos and videos for restore by days
For more details about what’s new in this month’s release, see the complete release notes. You can also visit our What’s New page to stay up-to-date on the latest additions and enhancements to Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud going forward.