Acronis helps service providers deliver cyber protection in an easy, efficient, and secure way. With our monthly release cadence, you can deliver even more value to your clients with in-demand features and functionalities.
May 2023 ReleaseRelease notes
- ML-based monitoring and smart alerts in Advanced Management packAcronis enables MSPs to utilize machine learning and automation to proactively detect and prioritize alerts effectively with auto-response actions.
Evaluate the condition of any workload and then perform an action when a specified threshold is reached. Decrease wasted time and provide reliable support with predictive, precise and automatic anomaly detection with auto-response actions. Customize alerts’ severity, frequency and message. Receive alerts in the Cyber Protection console only when the monitored parameters are out of normal performance.
- ConnectWise Control 1.3Partners can save time by grouping all devices with open alerts in a single group. Also, the new version ensures partners will always have the latest version installed through in-product notifications.
April 2023 ReleaseRelease notes
- Provide unmatched business resilience with Advanced Security + EDR, designed for service providersProtecting endpoints shouldn’t be complicated and expensive. But today’s endpoint detection and response tools force MSPs to resort to costly advanced security expertise to use them — and require multiple point products for a complete protection, including business continuity.
With Acronis, there is a better way. Designed for MSPs, Acronis Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) delivers:
1. The ability to quickly and easily analyze and prioritize security incidents.
2. Integrated security and recovery capabilities, for comprehensive protection critical to maintaining business continuity.
3. A complete cyber protection solution in a single agent — simple for MSPs to deploy, manage, and scale.
- ConnectWise NOC engineers can now manage workloads in Acronis for MSPs with ConnectWise Asio integration 2.1Streamline ticket management and operations by enabling ConnectWise NOC engineers to access the Acronis Management Console for partners they manage. This allows NOC operators to resolve any issues and manage workloads on behalf of MSPs.
March 2023 ReleaseRelease notes
- Advanced Backup: Remotely boot mediaManage bootable media remotely via a web interface in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud when there is no screen to access the workload. Streamline your operations and execute remote actions such as recovery, reboot, shutdown, downloading system info, and monitoring the status of the boot media.
- Advanced Management: Automatically authenticate remote connections using saved credentialsReduce overload and manual work for technicians via the automatic authentication of web connections by using saved credentials, enabling instant connections to remote workloads for troubleshooting without any additional steps. This update eliminates the risk of compatibility issues between agent plans and selected workloads.
- Acronis Files Cloud: Streamline file sharing with Share GroupsSimplify the sharing of cloud files with multiple team members via Acronis Files Cloud. Facilitate easier team collaboration by creating Share Groups, add team members to them, and streamline sharing of files using an email link. A Share Group can be added to automatically share files with all group members.
- Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud console: View what’s newWith the March release, you will be able to quickly and easily check all new capabilities included in the latest software release — via a link available in the Cyber Protection console enabling access to the "What's new" dialog.
- NinjaOne version 2.0 integrationDon’t miss this opportunity to boost your efficiency and security with the new version of the integration of Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud and NinjaOne.
Save time and money by either automatically or manually creating and synchronizing customer tenants in Acronis based on your customers in NinjaOne RMM. Enhance visibility and control over your customers’ device status and alerts in NinjaOne RMM, thanks to the configurable monitoring based on Acronis data. Streamline your ticket management and resolution process by synchronizing tickets in NinjaOne RMM with Acronis alerts.
- Support for Class 1 / Class 2 usage reporting in PSA integrationsYou can now separate billing and usage reporting for free and paid storage, and provide greater detail to your customers, with higher reporting flexibility. This means you can easily track and report how much storage your customers are using for their Microsoft 365 seats, as well as any additional paid storage they may need.
In addition to ConnectWise Manage and Autotask PSA, where it was already supported, support for Class 1 / Class 2 usage reporting is now available with our integrations for Kaseya BMS and HaloPSA.
- Partner tenant billing for Autotask PSAOur new partner tenant billing saves your time and efforts if you need to do aggregate billing for partner tenants under your Acronis account. This feature allows you to automatically bill any partner tenants under your tenant, without having to aggregate billing for each customer tenant within the sub-partner tenant. You can also get aggregate usage reports for partner tenants under your MSP partner tenant, giving you more visibility and control over your business.
In addition to ConnectWise Manage where it was already supported, support for partner tenant billing is available now with our integrations for Autotask PSA.
- Support for range offering items in PSA integrationsDo you want to streamline your billing process and align it with your PSA integrations? We have added support for range offering items in our integrations with ConnectWise Manage, Autotask PSA, Kaseya BMS and HaloPSA. This means you can now report the total usage of Acronis products based on your preferred billing cycle. Whether you want to use the current or previous calendar month, or a custom billing month with a configurable start date, we have you covered. This feature will help you save time and avoid errors when invoicing your clients. Don’t miss this opportunity to upgrade your PSA integrations and enjoy more flexibility and accuracy in your reporting.
February 2023 ReleaseRelease notes
- Advanced Email Security: Speed up provisioning with API-based scanning for Microsoft 365Reduce service delivery costs while increasing scalability with easier and faster provisioning of email security services to new clients using API for Microsoft 365. Selectively choose which domains and seats to protect and reduce configuration errors and support tickets that typically occur when configuring partial domain protection.
- Advanced Email Security: Scan Microsoft 365 outbound emailsReduce risk of reputational damage detecting malicious emails originating from client mailboxes. The new improvement also enhances inbound protection accuracy by better understanding communications with external parties. The functionality is available via API-based scanning for Microsoft 365.
- Advanced Email Security: Increase attack visibility with improved insights dashboardImprove your security-related decision-making and better demonstrate your ongoing value to clients with new dashboard widgets including: top five attack types with details on each type, highlighted attacks, top attacked and/or compromised people, and top impersonated identities per client.
- Advanced Email Security: View scan historyStreamline your efforts when investigating scan-based detections with visibility into the lifecycle events of each scan that Advanced Email Security performed – such as scan time and release time, and emails sent between an admin user and the Incident Response (IR) team.
- Advanced Email Security: Manage restricted file types in inbound emailsImprove clients' protection with a customizable restricted files policy for inbound emails. View a list of all file types and add them to block or allow lists in seconds.
- Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: Protect more cPanel server environments and configurations with Acronis plugin version 1.7Back up cPanel servers running on the Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and Rocky Linux 8 operating systems. Seamlessly recover MySQL 8 databases regardless of the engine configuration, even if it was updated after backup.
- Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: Enable services, packs, offering items across multiple clientsSave time and money when your need to add new services, billing modes, advanced packs, or offering items to multiple tenants, instead of relying on manual enablement per client. Also enables easy migration from legacy licensing for multiple partners and folders.
- Integration with HaloPSA available for all partnersFresh out of our Lighthouse program, the new HaloPSA integration makes it easier than ever to keep an eye on the data, applications and systems you protect for your clients. Solve your clients’ cyber protection challenges faster and streamline the provisioning, ticketing and billing of cyber protection services — all through HaloPSA.
- Advanced Management: Define status for script executionThe Cyber Scripting feature is a powerful set of tools that enables IT administrators to automate day-to-day tasks. With the February release you can set a script status when creating, cloning or restoring scripts. This way approved scripts and ones for testing can be added immediately to Script plans, unlike draft scripts.
January 2023 ReleaseRelease notes
- Advanced Backup: Save time and effort with group management for Microsoft 365 and Google WorkspaceSimplify protection management for multiple Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace seats by eliminating the need to configure protection for each individual MS365 or Google Workspace workload.
- Reduce onboarding costs with Datto RMM integrationThe updated integration enables you to quickly and easily onboard customers by provisioning Acronis customer tenants based on Datto RMM sites. You can provision all or selected sites from Datto RMM as new tenants, map sites to existing tenants, or configure automatic tenant provisioning based on Datto RMM sites.
December 2022 ReleaseRelease notes
- Advanced Security + EDR Early AccessAcronis Advanced Security + EDR is the market’s first MSP-class EDR product that enables partners to protect clients against advanced threats like zero days or hacking. Providers can rapidly turn on and scale the service to DETECT, analyze, and RESPOND to advanced attacks that sneak past other endpoint defenses with minimal effort, and with pre-integrated IDENTIFY, PROTECT and RECOVER capabilities, you can achieve true continuity. Early Access is coming in the following weeks, so hurry up and request now for a chance to be one of the first to try it out.
- Advanced DLP: Customize sensitive data detection in DLP rules by file typesWith the December update, partners gain more granular control of DLP rules and reduce the risk of sensitive data leakage on client endpoints by customizing the DLP policy with rules that prevent unauthorized transfers of specific sensitive file types. We’re committed to further developing our capabilities for customizing sensitive data detection as partners show considerable interest in such functionalities.
- New agent for Synology NAS backupReduce operational costs by removing the need for a dedicated server that will enable NAS backup. The new agent enables you to get improved performance by accessing the data from NAS shares locally, instead of reading it over the network via SMB.
- Advanced Management: New remote desktop and assistanceIncrease the efficiency of IT technicians and save time and resources from having to travel on-site with an easy to use, single application for seamless access and support for Windows, macOS, and Linux workloads.
- Compliance mode for immutable storageEnsure client backups do not get lost and can easily be recovered in the case of a malware attack, accidental deletion, or malicious deletion by a rogue administrator. Once the compliance mode is enabled, the immutable storage cannot be disabled.
- Automated test failoverSave time and effort with a simplified, automated test failover. With the Advanced Disaster recovery pack, you can perform automated test failover for any server on a monthly basis, giving you the confidence that you can recover quickly and successfully.
- Provision N-able N-sight RMM 2.0 customer tenants in Acronis Cyber Protect CloudEmerging service providers using N-able N-sight RMM to monitor and manage customer workloads will be able to reduce the cost and fasten the speed of onboarding customers by easily provisioning tenants as new customer tenants in Acronis or mapping to existing Acronis customer tenants. To streamline the process, partners are able to configure automatic tenant provisioning and deprovisioning.
- Advanced Email Security: Increased visibility of the scope of protected email usersIn December, we’re updating Advanced Email Security’s dashboard to show a detailed view of all protected email users per client. The update will enable partners to easily verify newly protected mailboxes and report on the protection scope on a per-client basis with the goal to also reduce billing-related support tickets.
- Secure sharing of confidential files and folders with external usersGet more flexibility and improved security with the ability to share files and folders with external users and enable them to access and preview the shared content, but also disabling the option to download the content.
- In-product maintenance notificationsStay informed about potential service issues, maintenance in progress and upcoming maintenance events.
- Recovery of deleted accountsReduce the risk of revenue loss, client churn, reputational damage, legal expenses and fines in the case of an unwanted data deletion caused by accidental data deletion, accidental service de-provisioning, a glitch in partner’s integration, malicious impact, and more.
- Advanced Email Security: Improved technical documentationWe have updated the technical documentation for onboarding technical staff and for configuring Advanced Email Security to introduce a centralized documentation space that is accessible in-product, improving its facility and accessibility.
November 2022 ReleaseRelease notes
- MI-assisted backup validation via boot screenshot analysisEnsure consistency and recoverability of backups with MI-assisted validation via boot screenshot analysis. The screenshots are auto-analyzed by an AI / MI engine, eliminating the need for any user interaction.
- Simplified workload registrationNow you can register workloads directly from the partner account — eliminating the need to log in with customer administrator credentials to register workloads in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud.
- New integration with HaloPSAThe new HaloPSA integration enables you to save time and reduce efforts by automating various customer management tasks, including tenant and product provisioning, ticket resolution, and usage reporting and billing.
October 2022 ReleaseRelease notes
- Extended protection for Microsoft 365 OneNoteRecover Microsoft 365 OneNote notebooks quickly and easily directly into the Microsoft 365 account.
- macOS 13 Ventura supportNow you can protect macOS 13 Ventura workloads with Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud.
- Integration with ConnectWise Asio platformAcronis Cyber Protect Cloud is now fully integrated with ConnectWise Asio – the new unified IT management platform for MSPs, evolving from the existing ConnectWise Command platform.
- Acronis Cyber Files Cloud: public links to a folderEnable users to create a direct link to a folder and share files with external users.
The flexible configuration allows setting up different parameters for the public link, such as expiration date and different access permissions (view only or view and download).
September 2022 ReleaseRelease notes
- Effortlessly protect clients’ sensitive data against leakage with Advanced DLP General AvailabilityDrawing from our vast experience enabling service providers and decades of innovation in data protection, we’re now extending Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud’s capabilities to protect sensitive data against unauthorized exfiltration. Launch a data loss prevention (DLP) service to protect clients’ sensitive data against leakage and strengthen compliance. Minimize effort and cost to value, aided by behavior-based DLP policy creation and extension, thereby unlocking unique simplification and scalability to boost profits.
- Advanced Security: Firewall management for Microsoft DefenderReduce the attack surface of a client workload by enabling Microsoft Defender Firewall in the protection plan. Receive prompt alerts in case unintended tampering of the firewall settings occurs, e.g., the firewall is accidentally turned off. Benefit from the recently launched Cyber Scripting functionality in the Advanced Management pack to effortlessly configure Microsoft Defender Firewall on your managed devices.
- Advanced Email Security: Improved license usage measuringMaximize billing accuracy and predictability with standardized license usage measuring methods for the Advanced Email Security pack. Manually adjust and manage licenses in cases where the auto-measuring method is not applicable, e.g., protecting a portion of the users within a domain only. Eliminate the need to contact support every time a license usage needs to be adjusted.
- Acronis Cyber Files Cloud: Fast and efficient local synchronizationDownloading the entirety of your data from the cloud is no longer required when moving or copying local files and folders with Acronis Cyber Files Cloud. Changes in clients’ files and folders are directly synchronized on the local machine, thus increasing bandwidth, and saving time and system resources.
- Acronis Cyber Files Cloud available in TurkishProvide a higher quality experience for your clients, increase usability, and gain more convenience while working with Acronis Cyber Files Cloud. The user interface is now available in Turkish, making it the fifteenth supported language by the product.
- Unified integrations catalog in Acronis’ console and websiteThe ISV integrations list has been redesigned to improve consistency and provide the same user experience whether you’re accessing the Acronis website or the Management portal. Benefit from a single, unified list of integrations with simultaneous content updates.
August 2022 ReleaseRelease notes
- Advanced Email Security: Detect, prevent, and mitigate account takeover (ATO) for Microsoft 365Advanced Email Security is now able to intercept account takeover attempts at any stage — ready to detect, prevent, and rapidly respond. Your clients are better protected against ATO by preventing attackers from phishing credentials; constant monitoring of email accounts for anomalies suggesting a compromise;; and ensuring fast remediation and account containment by the incident response team in case of account takeover.
- Advanced Email Security: Enhance compliance and monitoring capabilities with the audit logEnable auditing and investigation of any incident with visibility into all actions performed by admin users and the incident response team with a comprehensive audit log.
- Advanced Email Security: User interface available in additional languagesThe Advanced Email Security management console UI is now available in your preferred language — English, or newly added Spanish, German, French, Italian and Portuguese.
- Advanced Email Security: Chat with the Incident Response team in the management consoleEnsure you’ll receive an even swifter response on email security issues. Rapidly reach the Advanced Email Security incident response team and chat with support — directly in the Advanced Email Security management console.
- Extend anti-malware protection for Macs with Apple M1/M2 CPUsExpand anti-malware protection of macOS workloads with Apple M1/M2 CPUs (on top of already-supported Intel CPUs), against new and unknown threats with the extended support of our behavior engine leveraging advanced heuristics.
- Benefit from Microsoft 365 licensing improvements for blocked seatsFrom August, 2022 onward, Acronis will not charge for blocked seats (i.e., inability to log into Microsoft 365) with access to the protected SharePoint Online site and / or Teams, in case their OneDrive and / or mailbox are not protected.
- AppDirect Integration: Scale your business opportunities with pay-as-you-go billingPartners that leverage the AppDirect Integration are able to answer the dynamic needs of their clients and implement new pricing models to sell the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud and advanced packs with flexible usage-based billing – per-GB or per workload. Usage reports will be automatically uploaded to AppDirect at the end of each month, triggering billing in the client’s account and will be provided to partners as an accurate account statement reflecting what was consumed during the period.
- ConnectWise Manage integration: Effortlessly report on billable and nonbillable storage usagePartners are now able to separately report and bill their clients on storage that is billable or nonbillable (e.g., storage included in Microsoft 365 protection) from Acronis. This update allows partners to not bill their customers for storage that is not billed by Acronis, and enables service providers to add the free storage as a separate line item on invoices to clients.
- Acronis Cyber Files: Synchronize bookmarked folders across all iOS devicesThe Acronis Cyber Files mobile application allows users to bookmark frequently-used folders, so that users can navigate to folders faster. With the August, 2022 update, bookmarks are synchronized across all iOS devices. If a user creates, renames or deletes a bookmark on one device, his bookmarks will be available to him when he logs in to the Acronis Cyber Files mobile application on a different iOS device.
July 2022 ReleaseRelease notes
- Protect VMware ESXi 7.0 workloads with Advanced Disaster RecoveryExtend your disaster recovery protection to VMware ESXi 7.0 workloads that are backed up agentless.
- Advanced Email Security: localized user interfaceGet more value and convenience by using the user interface in your preferred language.
Spanish is already available, and more to follow!
- Enable end users to request and obtain files quickly and securelyThe files upload request gives end users a fast and secure way to request and obtain files from anyone, with all files being automatically organized into a user folder. Using an easy, drag-and-drop graphic interface, the file upload request enables end users to securely upload files without being added as a guest user or having access to the particular user account.
June 2022 ReleaseRelease notes
- SpotlightAutomate routine tasks with Cyber ScriptingAdvanced Management pack got a major update, now supporting the management and execution of custom pre-approved Powershell/Bash scripts on remote Windows and Mac machines.
Increase the efficiency of your MSP technicians by automating provisioning, software and user management, network configuration, system maintenance, and other routine tasks to handle more workloads with less efforts. Streamline your operations and minimize human errors. Have complete visibility into script operations with monitoring capability. Leverage a library of Acronis-verified scripts that can run on any machine group. Fine-tune script tasks and create custom scripts that you can run on-demand, on-schedule, or when start conditions are met – based on your and your clients needs.
- Manage multiple clients on the partner levelStreamline your operations for multiple clients, including scripting management and alerts and activities monitoring. Simply select the new “All customers” tab to centrally manage all of your direct clients in the Cyber Protection Console – monitor all services and manage workloads on a partner level. With centralized management you can manage your scripts and execute them across all end-clients, dedicated end-clients, individual workloads and static or dynamic groups of workloads.
- Recover workloads quickly and effortlessly with One Click RecoveryEliminate the IT bottlenecks requiring high-skilled IT personal for workload recovery and save time and money reducing the downtime in case of attacks and large-scale incidents. Empower end-users to rapidly recover their workloads by enabling them to start an automated recovery with a single click. The One Click Recovery can be enabled in the protection plan.
- Backup and download Microsoft OneNote filesProtect Microsoft OneNotes files from being lost by backing them up as part of the Microsoft OneDrive and Microsoft SharePoint Online backup process. Additionally, end clients can download the Microsoft OneNote notebooks locally.
- Recover emails to PST format, even without OutlookMinimize the chance of clients not having their in-mail data available by enabling local recovery of emails as PST files even when Microsoft 365 is unavailable.
- Backup and recover web-hosted servers managed via DirectAdminLeverage application-consistent backups of web-hosted servers managed via the DirectAdmin application to enable rapid recovery of the entire server in case of a disaster or to granularly restore individual web-hosting accounts, files, databases, websites, and mailboxes. Enable self-service as an option for web hosting end-clients.
- Advanced DLP: Encrypted removable storage supportBetter protect clients data and help them comply with regulations by neutralizing the risks of sensitive data leaving your clients workloads via unencrypted removable storage devices (e.g. USB flash drives). Advanced DLP can now detect encrypted removable storage devices and allow data transfers only to them.
- Effortlessly manage wildcard SSL certificates for branded URLs.Minimize maintenance efforts and costs for your business with free-of-charge, automatically-renewed SSL certificates by Let’s Encrypt certificate authority. Additionally, you will be notified in advance about the expiration of certificates by other authorities and can renew them in the Cyber Protection Console.
- Enable maintenance notifications for partners and clientsProvide your partners and clients with greater visibility into maintenance work in Acronis data centers by setting up automatic notifications via email per tenant. Tenant administrators where the Acronis maintenance notifications are enabled can subscribe their users for the email.
- Effortlessly manage service and bill usage of a tenant level in ConnectWise Manage integrationPartners who resell Acronis services to other partners or MSPs that serve larger clients with multiple tenants can now manage their services and bill usage using the ConnectWise Manage integration to map Acronis partner tenants to ConnectWise Manage accounts.
- Enable or disable ticket synchronization for Kaseya VSA integrationPartners who do not use Kaseya VSA for ticketing, can now effortlessly switch off ticket synchronization between Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud and Kaseya VSA either during tenant provisioning or in the organization settings.
- Increase awareness with datacenter status and services availability portalThe new datacenter status page, available both in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud and the Partner Portal, provides a self-service where partners can check services status and upcoming maintenance schedule. This update will strengthen the communication between partners and the Acronis Support team.
May 2022 ReleaseRelease notes
- Chat with an Acronis account manager in the management portalConsult with an Acronis account manager about planning, launching and scaling your services with us directly in the Cyber Protect console via chat window. This functionality will be available in all data centers, except partner-owned ones, and only for partners that do not use complete white labeling.
- Centralize your visibility across cyber protection alerts, including for malicious email detectionsPrevent potential damage by promptly reacting to malicious email detection alerts in the Cyber Protect console. Demonstrate your email security service value to clients with consolidated statistics on detected malicious emails in the overview dashboard.
- Automate email security service provisioning for Microsoft 365Simplify the initial configuration process and speed-up service provisioning by running a ready-to-use script to automatically set up routing between Microsoft 365 and Advanced Email Security.
- Leverage multiple configuration improvements in the ConnectWise Manage integrationPartners can manually trigger the synchronization of usage and quotas for one or more client tenants between Acronis and ConnectWise Manage. Usage is now reported more accurately to ConnectWise Manage, using float point quantities where applicable.
- Auto-generate product names in mapping wizard for Kaseya BMS and Tigerpaw PSA integrationsAcronis Cyber Protect Cloud automatically generates suggested names for new PSA products, using a predictable and understandable naming pattern that simplifies the process of mapping products to Kaseya BMS and Tigerpaw PSA integrations.
April 2022 ReleaseRelease notes
- Start planning your service upgrade. Get early access to Advanced DLP, designed for MSPsExperience the only data loss prevention (DLP) solution designed for MSPs to prevent leakage of clients’ sensitive data with automatic client-specific policy creation, which eliminates complexity and costs associated with enterprise DLPs. Start planning your service upgrade now to boost profits and reduce security risks for clients with early access to Advanced DLP — at no additional cost.
- Define your company contacts to receive role-specific updates from Acronis with the new ‘Partner profile’ optionKeep your company-related information up-to-date and define which of your company contacts should receive billing, business and / or technical updates from Acronis with the new ‘Partner profile’ tab. Ensure your team only receives information relevant to their specific role.
- Enable sharing of files and folders with external users via Acronis Files CloudThe new “guest user” role empowers Acronis Files Cloud users to share files and folders with external users identified by their email addresses. For repetitive contacts, this an easy alternative to public link sharing that will save time and make the process safer and easily auditable.
- Reduce service delivery complexity when using both Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud and SplashtopEliminate the need to manually switch between the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud and Splashtop consoles. Their native integration enables you to open a remote session to manage devices with the Splashtop Streamer agent directly from the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud console.
- Manage macOS and Linux workloads via Kaseya VSA integrationEnable mass deployment of Acronis’ Cyber Protect Cloud agent, manage protection plans, and monitor protection status for macOS and Linux workloads — together with existing support for Windows from within Kaseya VSA.
- Benefit from an improved Advanced Email Security visual experienceThe Advanced Email Security’s management console, accessible via Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud’s console through a single sign-on (SSO), has been updated with an Acronis look and feel, enabling administrators to maintain the Acronis console’s visual experience.
March 2022 ReleaseRelease notes
- Failover Azure VMs to Acronis Cyber Protect CloudEnable enhanced protection against Azure cloud outages while utilizing the public cloud. Benefit from the predictable and simple monthly billing that Acronis provides, unlike the billing of native Azure disaster recovery tools — Acronis MSP partners are billed only for storage and not for outbound network traffic consumption and / or hot disk usage.
- Provide anti-malware services for Apple M1 ARM-based workloadsProtect and manage all Mac-based devices for clients, regardless of the hardware inside. With Acronis, you can now extend your anti-malware services to the ever-growing market of Mac devices based on M1 ARM-based chips.
- Effortlessly recover workloads protected by BitLockerLeverage a streamlined, intuitive process for the recovery of BitLocker-protected workloads. Recover disks, volumes and files encrypted by BitLocker with the ease you recover unencrypted ones — without the need to reboot or take any additional steps.
- Get visibility and report on usage for trial tenants in Autotask PSA and ConnectWise ManageEnable reporting on usage for trial tenants by empowering service technicians to set up a pay-as-you-go (PAYG) or prepaid option with overage billing models. This enhances the capability to provision clients as trial tenants, which was introduced in this past February’s update.
February 2022 ReleaseRelease notes
- Reduce deployment time with a single, unified Acronis Cyber Files Cloud and Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud agentEnsure fast, hassle-free deployment and consolidated agent updates – the file sync and share functionality is now fully integrated into Acronis’ cyber protection agent. This enhancement improves efficiency with fewer system resources used. Plus, by removing silos, you’re empowered with cohesive, easy to deliver services.
- Extend Acronis Cyber Files Cloud support to iOS 15Enable secure collaboration and uninterrupted data access to file sync and share users who are leveraging the latest iOS version on their mobile devices.
- Meet your clients’ privacy requirements with a new Admin role in Acronis Cyber Files CloudManage file sync and share settings without accessing clients’ sensitive data. A new Admin role enables administrators to respond to clients’ privacy and compliance restrictions with ease.
- Preserve revisions and links when moving files and folders in Acronis Cyber Files CloudImprove the file sync and share user experience for clients – users no longer need to re-share links when moving or copying files and folders.
- Enable usage of custom DHCP with L2 site-to-site VPN connectivityUnlock more failover scenarios in Advanced Disaster Recovery. Simply enable clients to use their own DHCP server when one or more servers are in failover on Acronis Cloud, and DHCP traffic is sent via an L2 Site-to-site VPN tunnel.
- Support failover from immutable recovery points in Advanced Disaster RecoveryMitigate malicious or accidental deletion of recovery points by protecting them with immutable storage. Engaging this functionality allows you to initiate failover to Acronis Cloud from a deleted recovery point – whether during regular testing or given a real disaster.
- Empower clients with self-service anti-malware scanning of files, folders and drivesAllow clients to perform on-demand anti-malware scans of any file, folder and / or drive on their workstations. Manual anti-malware scanning is supported on Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Gain more granular control over ransomware protection settingsConfigure your clients’ ransomware protection preferences with ease. Administrators can now choose whether to separately enable ransomware protection, self-protection and cryptomining-process detection.
- Start a free 30-day trial for ConnectWise Manage and Autotask PSA integrationsProvision new customer tenants as trial accounts and give them full access to Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud’s seamless integrations with ConnectWise Manage and Autotask PSA. Manually switch them to production or wait for the automatic upgrade when the trial period ends.
January 2022 ReleaseRelease notes
- Bring your corporate style to the agent installer and tray monitorCustomize the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud Windows and Mac agent installers and tray monitor with your corporate style. The new branding capabilities include agent installer file name and logo, agent name, tray monitor name and color schemes for both the agent installer and the tray monitor.
- Provide administrators with recommendations based on disk and ransomware alertsAdministrators will be provided with additional context on the steps they can take to reduce the risks related to ransomware and disk alerts. Ransomware alerts will signal administrators to activate anti-malware protection to limit the attack surface. Disk alerts advise when to turn on continuous data protection (CDP) to achieve near-zero RPOs on critical data.
- Increase visibility into the disaster recovery protection status of workloadsSee which workloads are protected with disaster recovery services right from the list of all workloads and receive accessible in-product information on how to enable disaster recovery for a workload.
- Ensure disaster recovery failover from a malware-free recovery pointWhen starting a disaster recovery failover, administrators will be able to see indicators of recovery points infected by malware to ensure a faster return to productivity and a better response to threats.
- Know when the disaster recovery compute points quota is exceededWhen service provider administrators are selecting a primary server to be powered on that exceeds the quota for disaster recovery compute points, they will be provided with an in-product notification that the quota is exceeded and that they need to contact the Acronis support team.
- Report on recently affected workloadsService providers will benefit from new dashboard widgets showing recently affected workloads within the last 200 days along with the threat that impacted them.
- Acronis Cyber Files Cloud: Extending support to Android 12Allow data access via secure file sync and share services to users with mobile devices running on Android 12, strengthening data availability and protection across your clients’ organizations.
Learn more about our previous releases.
Cyber Protect Cloud
Modernize your clients' security and backup with integrated cyber protection
Sorry, your browser is not supported.
It seems that our new website is incompatible with your current browser's version. Don’t worry, this is easily fixed! To view our complete website, simply update your browser now or continue anyway.