Acronis launches two disk management products designed for business environmentsBurlington, MassachusettsOctober 14, 2010
Acronis® Disk Director® 11 Gives IT Administrators Powerful, Easy-to-Use Partitioning and Disk Management Tools
Woburn, Mass., October 14, 2010 — Acronis, a leading provider of easy-to-use backup, recovery and security solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments, today announced the next generation of its corporate disk management products, Acronis® Disk Director® 11 Advanced Server and Acronis® Disk Director® 11 Advanced Workstation. Each is designed to reduce the time IT administrators are required to spend on the essential work of managing and maintaining hard drives for better performance and business data safety.
Acronis Disk Director11 Advanced Server and Acronis Disk Director11 Advanced Workstation simplify the job of moving, resizing and creating partitions on local and remote machines. They combine several features to shorten the time administrators need to convert, resize, copy, split and merge both local and remotely-located volumes. Other features include using striped volumes to increase performance, a central management console and an enhanced user interface. The new products include support for both Windows Server 2008 and Windows 2008 R2 in the Advanced Server version and Windows 7 in the Advanced Workstation version.
- Dynamic disk support — Spread volumes over several disks, plus convert existing basic disks to dynamic to achieve additional disk reliability for data storage
- GPT disk support — Create volumes over 2 TB and get additional disk reliability against possible data damage
- Add or break mirrored volumes — Make a basic or simple volume fault-tolerant in just one action by adding a mirror. If extra unallocated space is needed on a disk containing one of the mirrors, remove a mirror
- Span volume across multiple physical disks — Optimize the system by combining free space on different hard disk drives and get larger volumes
- Convert MBR disk to GPT and vice versa — Use to make a volume whose size is over 2 TB or if you need more than four primary volumes on one disk
- Clone disk to a replacement HDD — Replace basic MBR disks with new ones without reinstalling operating systems and applications
- Remote management — Powerful and easy-to-use tool for managing disks and volumes on local and remote machines
“As a user of previous Acronis Disk management products, I am pleased to see that the product is moving forward with new features and support for new versions of the platforms,” said Anders Nilsson, a beta tester and Director of Development, NAF-Data AS in Oslo, Norway. “I am especially pleased with the ability to manage several computers from a central point.”
“Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Server is a big step towards providing full featured support for multiple drive types those currently popular -- and those that will be in the coming years,” said Paul, another beta tester from California. “Many features have been added and many of the existing features have been improved.”
“IT administrators have a powerful new tool to help better manage and maintain hard drives in a corporate environment," said Lisa Robinson Schoeller,Director of Product MarketingatAcronis. “Using the new Acronis Disk Director 11 products, IT administrators can more efficiently manage partitioning on local and remote machines.”
Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Workstation is priced at $79.99 and supports Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Server is priced at $609.00 and supports Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003 R2.
To download, go to http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/diskdirector/.
Acronis sets the standard for hybrid cloud data protection through its backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share solutions. Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine and set apart by its image technology, Acronis delivers easy, complete and affordable data protection of all files, applications and operating systems across any environment—virtual, physical, cloud and mobile. Founded in 2003, Acronis protects the data of over 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 145 countries. With more than 100 patents, Acronis products have been named best product of the year, and cover a range of features, including migration, cloning and replication. Today, Acronis solutions are available worldwide through a global network of service providers, distributors and cloud resellers.
Acronis International GmbH
+1 (646) 272-9435
Back to press releases