Acronis Business Products Support Lifecycle
Acronis Business products have three support phases:
- Mainstream Support - starts from release date and lasts during one year after the successor product (plus one version) is released. The entire score of support services is provided during this phase.
- Extended Support - starts after the mainstream support phase and lasts for a specific duration (usually one year or until the following product version is released). Limited support services are provided (see the table).
- Self-Service Support - is available throughout a product's lifecycle and for 7 years after the product reaches the end of its support. Includes Acronis online Knowledge Base articles, FAQs, troubleshooting tools, and other resources, available to help Customers resolve common issues.
To see more details about Support phases click here.
|Product documentation and Knowledge Base articles/solutions are retained on Acronis web-pages, forum help is available||yes||yes||yes|
|Full Acronis Customer Central support and developer investigation for all severity issues1||yes||yes|
|Product hotfixes/patches for critical (Severity A) issues, security issues and OS support updates||yes||yes|
|Product hotfixes/patches for selected issues of any severity level2||yes|
|Cumulative updates (service packs), including new functionality||yes|
1 Solution or workaround will be provided at Acronis' discretion. If the issue is resolved in newer version or added to roadmap for new version, upgrade is considered a valid solution.
2 Bugfix will be added to roadmap. Fix not guaranteed for all software defects. Triage and fix at Acronis' discretion
- - Acronis provides full support for the three latest minor versions3 of the product. Customers are encouraged to update to the latest available build to ensure they have the most stable and secure version of the product.
- - Customers wishing to receive more offerings during a product's extended support phase (e.g. Acronis Customer Central and developer investigation for product hotfixes/patches for selected issues of any severity level) should contact their dedicated account manager or regional sales representative to determine the most appropriate support program for their organization’s needs. Regional Sales contact details are available at https://kb.acronis.com/content/47232
3 Minor version (update) is a newer build of Acronis software of the same version.
Major version (upgrade) is a shift from the current version of Acronis software to a newer one.
Acronis Business Products End Of Life
|Products||Release Date||Mainstream Support EOL||Extended Support EOL||Latest update|
|Acronis Backup Advanced 11.7||February 25, 2016||TBD||TBD||#44421/44190, April 14, 2016|
|Acronis Backup 12||July 19, 2016||TBD||TBD||# 3602, September 13, 2016|
|Acronis Backup 11.7||February 25, 2016||July 2017||July 2018||#44421/44190, April 14, 2016|
|Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5||September 5, 2012||July 2017||July 2018||#43994, July 23, 2015|
|Acronis Backup and Recovery 11||June 21, 2011||September 2013||September, 2014||#17440, July 25, 2012|
|Acronis Backup and Recovery 10||July 7, 2009||June 2012||June 2013||#13762, August 29, 2011|
|Acronis True Image Echo||November 13, 2007||July 2010||July 2011||#8398, December 11, 2009|
|Acronis True Image 9.1||October 2006||November 2008||November 2009||#3887, February 20, 2007|
|Acronis vmProtect 9||August 27, 2013||July 2017||July 2018|
|Acronis vmProtect 8||October 9, 2012||August 2014||August 2015||#8184, November 25, 2012|
|Acronis vmProtect 7||March 6, 2012||October 2013||October 2014||#5173, June 27, 2012|
|Acronis vmProtect 6||August 29, 2011||March 2013||March 2014||#3145, June 27, 2012|
|Acronis Snap Deploy 5||October 7, 2014||TBD||TBD||#1660, February 24, 2016|
|Acronis Snap Deploy 4||November 3, 2011||October, 2015||October, 2016||#540, October 5, 2012|
|Acronis Snap Deploy 3||April 7, 2008||November 2012||November 2013||#3501, June 29, 2010|
|Acronis Snap Deploy 2||November 11, 2006||April, 2009||April, 2007||#2152, October 1, 2007|
|Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced||July 20, 2010||TBD||TBD||#12077, October 14, 2010|
|Acronis Disk Director 10.0 Server||December 13, 2005||July 2011||July 2012||#2288, March 15, 2010|
Acronis Products Lifecycle Support policy is intended exclusively for the benefit of existing Acronis Customers with respect to the products they have already purchased. It is not intended to apply to other products or to any other third parties. Acronis reserves the right to make changes to its Product Lifecycle Support policy at its sole discretion from time to time as business needs require. Policy statements on www.acronis.com will be updated to reflect any changes upon their effective date.
The present policy was developed and published in June, 2016.