Handle Modern Threats! What To Know for World Backup Day
Every day, your business faces new technology, increasing data volumes, and multiple cyber threats. Relax! Rising above today’s data challenges is easier than you think. In honor of World Backup Day, which takes place worldwide on March 31, here are a few ways to improve your backup strategy and keep your business running smoothly.
1. Consider the cloud
Did you know that 60% of all companies close within 6 months of a data disaster?
Local/network backup cannot guard against larger threats like fire, flood, theft, or a cyber-attack! To truly disaster-proof your systems, you need to incorporate secure off-site backup into your strategy. Cloud is your best off-site option—it is fast, secure, and offers easy access to your backups from any browser.
When choosing cloud backup, look for these critical features:
- Security – Secure off-site storage located in dedicated local data centers (Tier-IV designed & SSAE-16 compliant).
- Efficiency – The ability to perform local and cloud backup without any extra steps.
- Speed – Fast, easy recovery of files, application data, or full systems.
- Simplicity – The ability to recover directly from the cloud — no staging or extra steps required.
- Flexibility – The freedom to restore to any location — anytime, anywhere!
Did you know? Acronis offers an ultra-secure cloud backup subscription that transforms your local backup into a seamless, powerful hybrid solution.
2. Demand smart, flexible backup features
Fact: 21% of all critical data loss is caused by hardware failure. When a system crashes, you need to act fast to get things back up and running, without risking any of your work!
To guarantee a fast, reliable system recovery every time, look for these backup capabilities:
- Smart Backup Technology – Make sure your backup solution captures your entire system, including all settings, configurations and application data. In addition, incremental and differential capabilities are a great way to track any changes made since your last backup. This ensures that your restored system is completely up-to-date.
- Easy, Flexible Recovery – Avoid the headaches associated with provisioning identical hardware! Look for flexible recovery technology that can restore disk images to any machine — even to a new, different make/model.
Did you know? Acronis backups use patented single-pass disk imaging that captures everything in 1 easy step. What’s more, our unique Universal Restore technology enables fast, easy recovery to any hardware, OS or hypervisor—without complications!
3. Embrace the future!
Technology is evolving faster and faster every day. Don’t let your backup hold you back! You need the freedom to explore new platforms, update hardware and software, and expand your business without compromising your data protection.
To stay safe while you grow, look for these flexible backup features:
- Scalability – You need a backup solution that supports your entire infrastructure—PCs, VMs, applications, and servers. Even more importantly, your backup should grow with your business without requiring that you start over from scratch.
- Virtual Support – To avoid the usual complexities associated with virtual machine (VM) backup, look for solutions that are fully integrated with all major hypervisors. We also recommend features like P2V/V2V/V2P, agentless backup, and application support.
- Meets changing requirements – Virtualizing a server? Switching to a new OS? Look for flexible server backup that maintains your coverage even when your system requirements evolve — without extra costs.
Did you know? Acronis supports up to 13 different system types either individually, or in any combination, as a single, scalable solution. We support all major hypervisors with smart, easy-to-use virtual backup, and we offer a single, flexible license that covers any system type!
Ready to get smart about your backup strategy?
Check out these special World Backup Day offers designed to fortify your business and tackle modern data challenges with ease!