Universal Restore technology restores your system to any available machine, regardless of platform, in minutes!
- Restore an entire system to new, dissimilar hardware with a few simple clicks
- Get up and running on a new machine in minutes, without worrying about compatibility issues
- Migrate systems between physical and virtual platforms quickly and easily
- Avoid having to locate identical equipment (and negotiate for its availability)
- Avoid spending hours on system reinstallations and application setups
- Reconnect to your network without any reconfigurations required
- Restore systems to a known, working condition quickly and accurately, even if you aren’t an IT expert
Universal Restore is now included FREE with all, Acronis Backup & Acronis Backup Advanced products.
How does Universal Restore work?
Exclusive to Acronis, Universal Restore works behind the scenes to disassociate your backups from hardware dependencies while still retaining all necessary system data—files, configurations, applications, operating system, and more. When you restore your backup to a new location, Universal Restore performs the following:
- Detects the machine type and auto-installs appropriate drivers for Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL).
- Detects hard disk controllers (SCSI and IDE) OR prompts you for driver locations.
- Reboots the machine.
The result? A remarkably easy way to get a working system up and running on a new machine in minutes!
Click here to download and install Acronis Universal Restore
Click here to download and install Acronis Universal Restore for Acronis True Image 2016