This Article Covers:
- How Valuable is Your Data?
- Reasons to Back up Your SMS Messages
- Common SMS Backup Options
- The Acronis True Image Difference
- How to Back up SMS Messages with Acronis True Image
- Acronis True Image – The Total Backup Solution
How Valuable is Your Data?A survey conducted by the Ponemon Institute shows that the average value of data stored on mobile devices is about $14,000 (yes, that’s per device). What’s more, that huge dollar figure doesn’t even take into consideration the loss of purely personal data like important photos or SMS messages, which are often priceless and irreplaceable.
While the data on your device or smartphone may not be worth $14,000, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t valuable to you. Therefore, if you want to ensure that you always have access to the important data on your Android, you should take steps to protect it by implementing an effective backup strategy.
Reasons to Back up Your SMS MessagesWhen using your Android phone, it’s easy to take for granted all the things you can do – and save – on the device. Backing up your Android smartphone is a practical, easy way to ensure that you have access to your saved data if and when you ever need it.
Still not sure why you need to backup your Android data? Here are just a few of the reasons:
- Lost Phone (Or a New One) – There are so many ways to lose a smartphone, it’s hard to count them all. Whether your phone is stolen, you leave it on a table at a restaurant, or it falls into a puddle of water, it’s relatively easy for your Android phone to disappear at any time. Protect your important data and create an SMS backup of your Android phone. That way, if you do lose it, you can use the backup to restore your old messages to a new phone.
- Accidental Deletions – If you’ve never inadvertently tapped wrong and deleted a message, then you’re lucky. Deleting important text messages by accident is much easier than you think. In addition, you might delete certain messages intentionally and then want to view them later. With mobile data backup you can restore deleted messages quickly and easily regardless of the reason they were trashed.
- Viruses and Malware – While viruses and malware have been a plague for many PC owners for years, smartphones were considered to be relatively safe from malicious code. Until recently. Now, smartphones and other Android devices are just as vulnerable as computers. Some viruses are so nasty that a total factory restore is often the only way to clean an infected device. So, if your phone does become infected, restoring a virus-free version of your data to the device will save you from a ton of frustration and lost productivity.
Common SMS Backup OptionsIf you visit the Google Play Store, you’ll find many backup apps for your Android phone. A few of these apps will even back up your SMS messages. However, while these apps allow you to backup messages on an Android, virtually all of them have the same potential problem – they save backups to your Gmail or Google Drive account.
If you lose your phone and someone else takes possession of it, that person may be able to access your Google account and delete (or at least view) your message backups and data. To prevent that, you should choose SMS backup software for Android that stores your important messages and files more securely.
Gmail and Google Drive are easy-to-use, convenient file storage solutions for Android owners. However, security on Google sites (especially with an Android device in hand) is much easier to bypass than the more robust and encrypted cloud backup services like Acronis Cloud.
The Acronis True Image DifferenceAcronis True Image offers the easiest backups of not only SMS and MMS messages on your Android but also your contacts, photos, videos, and even calendars. With our online backup software, you can create secure, reliable backups of all your Android data in minutes.
Want to learn more about what makes Acronis True Image different? Check out just some of the advantages of Acronis True Image and discover why it is the best SMS backup software for Android.
- World’s Fastest Mobile Backup – Some smartphone backup apps require considerable time and effort to configure and set up before you can start securing your data. Acronis True Image offers the easiest, fastest way to back up your messages and Android data. With our app, downloading and registering takes only a couple of minutes, and you can start backing up your text messages and other important Android data in seconds.
- Security and Peace of Mind – When you use Acronis True Image to back up important SMS messages and other Android files, you have the option of storing the data on state-of-the-art, secure and encrypted servers in the Acronis Cloud. This means that if you ever do lose your phone or if your Google account is compromised, your files are still secure and you can still access and download them whenever you need to.
- Back up to a Local Computer – Want the power and flexibility of keeping your own local backups of SMS and other important data from your Android device? With Acronis True Image you can opt to save your backup data to your local computer. You can even configure Acronis True Image to save your Android backups to a local computer automatically. Once configured, Acronis True Image can back up your device data to any local computer connected to the same Wi-Fi network quickly and automatically – as soon as the Android device is within the range of your home Wi-Fi network.
- Unlimited Android Devices – Have more than one Android device? Or, perhaps you want to back up all the phones used by others in your home? Not a problem. With Acronis True Image, you can back up SMS messages and data from all your phones to the same local computer on your Wi-Fi network. The only limitation for storing backups on a local computer is the amount of free hard drive space you have.
- Back up Files from a Memory Card – With most Android backup apps and utilities, you are limited to backing up messages and files that reside only on the device itself. However, many Android devices support SD cards, which can provide valuable additional storage. With Acronis True Image, you can back up data from your SD card as quickly and easily as backing up messages or files from the device itself.
- Fast, Flexible Recovery Options – Many Android backup and restore app solutions require you to back up or recover all device content at once. Acronis True Image offers you more flexible recovery options and lets you recover the entire backup or select individual files you want to restore to your Android device.
- Migrate Data to iOS (and Back) – If you make the switch from Android to iOS, you might think the data is not compatible. However, using Acronis True Image, you can migrate data from your Android backup to an Apple iPhone with just a few taps. If you change your mind later, you can use the Acronis True Image app for iOS to back up the data again and transfer it back to your Android device. Just as with the Android app, learning how to backup iPhone data with Acronis True Image takes only a couple of minutes.
- Completely Free to Use – By now, you should be convinced that Acronis True Image is the best solution for backing up SMS messages and other important data on your Android devices. However, we have yet to mention the best thing about our app –it is completely free. Yes, both Acronis True Image for Android Devices and Acronis True Image for iPhone and iPad are free to download and use without any obligation to ever upgrade or make additional purchases. Best of all, your free Acronis True Image account even comes with 5GB of free storage space so you can back up and encrypt important messages and data in the secure Acronis Cloud.
How to Backup SMS Messages with Acronis True ImageUsing Acronis True Image to back up SMS messages on your Android device is super easy and requires only a few taps. To start using Acronis True Image to back up your SMS messages or other important Android data to the Acronis Cloud, just follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Google Play Store and install the Acronis True Image for Android Devices app;
- Launch the Acronis True Image app on your Android device, and then tap “Back up to Cloud;”
- Tap “Register” and follow the simple on-screen directions to register for an Acronis Cloud account;
- Sign in to the app with your new Acronis Cloud account username and password;
- Select “Messages” in the “Data to Back Up” list, and then tap “Backup”
Acronis True Image – The Total Backup SolutionThe free versions of our Acronis True Image mobile apps provide you with a modest amount of storage space in the Acronis Cloud. However, if you’re a heavy user, you may have many messages, photos, videos, or other files on your Android device.
If you want to protect all your important Android data (or if you want to back up multiple mobile devices,) the full version of Acronis True Image provides tons of extra storage space and enables many other powerful features that allow you to create backups of all your computers and devices with a single interface quickly and easily.