nScaled Archive Storage is now available! It offers unlimited storage capacity, unlimited retention periods, and affordable archiving.
Why have we introduced Archiving? Because there are several problems facing companies today:
- Longer retention schedules (10 years in some cases)
- Increasing amounts of data to be archived (56% CAGR according to Enterprise Strategy Group)
- Optical disk and tape subject to bit rot and high costs of vaulting, and are slow to retrieve from
The nScaled Archive Storage solution addresses all of these challenges to business. First and foremost, nScaled Archive Storage is an integrated part of nScaled’s Data Protection Lifecycle™, where data and workload continuity, disaster recovery and archiving are all handled as parts of a unified process for protecting data. Rather than buying, installing and maintaining disparate systems for backup, DR and archiving, and all the costs and complexity involved, nScaled provides for all three functions in one seamless solution.
When data moves to the nScaled Archive, it moves to a storage tier in the nScaled Hybrid Cloud that has been designed and optimized for the specific needs of archival data:
- Block level de-duplication – Global de-duplication across all backup images and data sources, whatever the file type, to achieve maximum compression ratios. De-duplication ratios of 25:1 are typical.
- WORM protection – Assurance that your archive repository is an accurate point-in-time copy of the data, no further changes are possible once the data has been written to the nScaled archive. Data is also protected from accidental deletion.
- Optimized I/O – Archived data is written once, then read infrequently, so storage systems are optimized for this pattern. Slower, less expensive drives may be employed to reduce cost while maintaining reliability and security.
- Scalability – With extensive retention periods, archives can consume massive amounts of storage, even with de-duplication. nScaled Archiving has been designed to allow limitless expansion of storage.
- User defined retention periods – Customers decide on retention policies which are automatically enforced by the nScaled cloud platform.
- Cloud Console management – Use the same nScaled Cloud Console interface used for backup and DR functions to define archive storage pools, retention periods, and access permissions.
By building a storage tier in the nScaled Hybrid Cloud just for archival data, nScaled can offer reliable, secure long-term retention at a price that businesses can afford. By integrating archiving into a larger data protection procedure that also includes backup and disaster recovery, nScaled greatly reduces the complexity of managing and protecting all corporate data.
Contact us to learn more.
Acronis is a Swiss company, founded in Singapore. Celebrating two decades of innovation, Acronis has more than 2,000 employees in 45 locations. Acronis Cyber Protect solution is available in 26 languages in over 150 countries and is used by 18,000 service providers to protect over 750,000 businesses.