Ransomware threatens every business sector
- $80Mwas a recent ransom demand given to Royal Mail, UK.
- 300,000policy holders' data stolen from Bitmarck's internal systems in Germany.
- 3,500staff were affected by an attack at CHSF, a hospital in Paris.
- 1.6Mof unique records of personal information from PharMerica leaked.
Stay updated on the latest ransomware trends
Info-Tech 2023 Market Insights: Ransomware for Business
Read the eBook to explore the top ransomware market trends, endpoint protection challenges and how to prepare against cyberthreats. Discover why Acronis is an award-winning solution for endpoint prote ...
ChatGPT: Defending your business against AI-supercharged ransomware
Watch our on-demand recording to understand how criminals exploit ChatGPT and other AI tools to enhance the scope and success of their ransomware attacks, and learn how to minimize the likelihood of s ...
A 12-step ransomware response plan for business
Learn to defend and recover from ransomware that causes data loss and costly downtime. Breaches are projected to cost $5M per incident in 2023, and attacks are rising rapidly. Read this whitepaper for ...
What your peers are saying
Everything was recovered and restored correctly
Confident everything is backed up automatically
Acronis high-quality endpoint protection tool
Get answers to your questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Ransomware?Ransomware is malicious software designed to infiltrate and compromise a victim's endpoints and servers, encrypting critical files and preventing access to those systems until a ransom is paid. The consequences of a successful ransomware attack can be severe. It can result in losing sensitive and valuable data, financial damage from operational disruptions, reputational harm, regulatory penalties and potential legal implications.
Acronis Cyber Protect offers robust protection against ransomware through its advanced security features, including real-time threat detection, AI-based behavioral analysis and proactive vulnerability assessments.
With Acronis, you can ensure data integrity and prevent potential damage caused by ransomware attacks. Additionally, it provides secure backup and recovery capabilities, allowing you to restore your systems and files in case of a successful attack.
- Can I recover from Ransomware?To effectively prevent ransomware attacks, it is crucial to implement a multi-layered security approach that encompasses various proactive measures. Relying on a single security solution is no longer sufficient, given the evolving and sophisticated nature of ransomware threats.
Acronis Cyber Protect offers comprehensive protection measures. It combines AI-driven anti-malware, secure backup solutions, vulnerability assessments and patch management to identify and mitigate ransomware risks proactively.
Moreover, Acronis safeguards your systems, detects suspicious activities and provides secure backups that allow you to restore data without paying a ransom. By leveraging Acronis Cyber Protect, you can secure your defenses and minimize the chances of falling victim to ransomware attacks.
- Can ransomware steal data?Yes, ransomware can steal data in addition to encrypting files. Some advanced ransomware strains have data exfiltration capabilities, enabling cybercriminals to steal sensitive information before encrypting it.
Acronis Cyber Protect not only prevents ransomware attacks but also provides comprehensive data protection. Its secure backup solutions create multiple copies of your data, which can be restored in the event of a ransomware attack, ensuring that your valuable information remains protected and inaccessible to unauthorized parties.
- How should companies handle ransomware?Companies should proactively protect against ransomware by implementing a robust cybersecurity strategy. This includes using comprehensive security solutions like Acronis Cyber Protect, which offers real-time threat detection, continuous data backup and AI-based malware protection.
Companies should also conduct regular employee training on recognizing and avoiding phishing attempts and suspicious attachments. In case of a ransomware incident, companies should follow incident response protocols, isolate infected systems, notify law enforcement and leverage Acronis Cyber Protect's recovery capabilities to restore operations swiftly and securely.
- How to detect ransomware?Detecting ransomware requires a combination of advanced security measures. Acronis Cyber Protect employs AI-driven behavioral analysis, heuristic detection and signature-based scanning to identify ransomware threats in real time. It continuously monitors system activities, network traffic, and file behavior to detect any anomalies or malicious patterns commonly associated with ransomware attacks.
By leveraging Acronis Cyber Protect's powerful detection capabilities, companies can quickly identify and respond to ransomware incidents, minimizing potential damage and ensuring data and system integrity.
- Why is cyber insurance important for businesses?Cyber insurance has become a useful hedge for businesses against the financial and reputational damage caused by modern cyberthreats. With the increasing frequency and sophistication of cyberattacks, organizations face significant risks such as data breaches, ransomware attacks and business interruption. Cyber insurance provides financial protection by covering expenses related to incident response, legal fees, data recovery and even potential extortion payments. It helps businesses recover from financial losses and manage the costs of incident investigation, notification and customer remediation.
Moreover, cyber insurance offers coverage for third-party liability, safeguarding businesses from lawsuits arising from data breaches or privacy violations. By transferring the risk to an insurance provider, organizations can gain peace of mind, enhance their cyber risk management strategies and ensure business resilience in the face of cyberthreats.
Acronis provides protection against a broad range of such cyber threats, making it easier for businesses to qualify for cyber insurance in the face of newly strict standards imposed by issuers.