Acronis Cyber Protection Operation Center Report: representing a global outlook, this report covers the threat landscape as encountered by our sensors and analysts in the second half of 2022.
Based on data from over 750,000 unique endpoints distributed around the world, most of the statistics discussed focus on threats for Windows operating systems, as they are much more prevalent than macOS and Linux.
Of note: Around 40 million URLs were blocked on the endpoint by Acronis from July–November 2022, with a significant increase over summer months figures in the last two months. The average cost of a data breach is expected to reach $5 million in 2023.What you will find in this report:
- The top security/threat trends we observed in the second half of 2022
- Why we see more and more data breaches
- General malware statistics and key families reviewed
- Ransomware statistics, with deep-dive analyses of some of the most dangerous threats
- Which vulnerabilities contribute to the success of attacks
- Our security recommendations
- Our security forecast for 2023