In today’s business world, we need to justify every dollar that we spend, lowering costs, and delivering a return on investment on everything we do. Nowhere is this more true than in IT, where Big Data, Mobility and BYOD are changing the way we work across the globe, requiring companies to an IT depratments to invest and change to remain competitive.
Consider the following facts:
- More data is being generated, copied, moved, stored and kept for longer periods of time than ever before
- Demands for storage keep growing dramatically, but in general, budgets don’t follow the same curve, and don’t increase in the same proportion to keep up
Research shows that even during the recession of 2008-2009, businesses experienced an approximately 40-percent annual increase in storage demand. Now, as the economy is back on track, that growth rate is closer to 60%.
But, areing storage budgets grow 60% or even 40% year-over-year? We all know they are not!.
To keep up, IT departments try to make up for the difference by “saving” in areas like reducing the number of servers, implementing virtualization, lowering energy costs, and trying to do more with less. For many, trying to find ROI can be complicated because although direct costs are easy to determine, calculating indirect is much more difficult.
Looking Beyond Cost Savings to Drive ROI
Now, when it comes to improving your storage ROI, it’s important to look beyond simply reducing costs. Many organizations fail to realize how using what they already have in a smarter way can positively impact their operation, and their businesses.
Since we technology people love creating acronyms for everything, let me propose a new one up: ROO for Return on Opportunity.
Stay with me! Today, organizations have Terabytes and Petabytes of data on existing servers and storage devices. Business users are demanding better and more consistent ways to access and share their work and documents - from everywhere and from all devices.
Now comes your ROO: why not use your infrastructure to get more value out of what’s already in place? It’s easier than you may think. Enterprise-class access, sync and share solutions like Acronis Access Advanced make it possible to address a wide range of requirements demanded by today’s organizations – all of which can help improve your ROO:
- Storage - Allows all authorized users to access the content they need from their current data stores, file servers, NAS, SharePoint sites
- Ease of Use: Provides an intuitive, yet powerful user experience to access, create, edit and share business files
- Security: Integrates with Active Directory for authentication and permissions to access resources. Delivers secure and managed sharing and collaboration with colleagues, customers and partners - with powerful and granular security and management controls and policies to protect the data.
- Compatibility: Supports all devices and operating systems. Mobile and not. iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, even web browsers. Supports BYOD and provisioned devices.
- Scalability: Grows and adapts to the business needs.
By implementing secure access, sync & share properly, organizations of all sizes can make better use of already existing storage, while boosting end-user productivity and positively affecting the bottom line – all without compromising valued digital assets. And, you’ll get more ROI!
Acronis is a Swiss company, founded in Singapore. Celebrating two decades of innovation, Acronis has more than 2,000 employees in 45 locations. Acronis Cyber Protect solution is available in 26 languages in over 150 countries and is used by 18,000 service providers to protect over 750,000 businesses.