Today at VMworld in sunny and super hot Barcelona more than 800 attendees listened to inspirational speeches on how the software-defined data center is extending the proven model of virtualization across storage, networking and security.
Carl Eschenbach, VMware's President and COO, and VMware's engineering leaders showcased technology that is transforming IT by virtualizing and automating computing, storage, networking and security across private and hybrid clouds. We were there to contemplate the new trends, hear some jokes and get inspired.
Here are some of the best bits from the General Session at VMworld in Barcelona:
1. Nothing can be achieved without powerful software.
2. Business relies on IT. The only way to reduce the amount of friction between business and IT is the software.
3. IT as a Service and moving away from legacy systems is the only way forward. Automation is not an option, it is key.
4. IT as Service should include self-service, transparent policy and automation.
5. IT is not a chocolate factory. It's more complex.
6. The world is going to be much bigger and faster than ever before.
Let's discuss this in depth at the Acronis booth G122 at VMworld today or tomorrow!
Also make sure to visit Acronis Breakout Session: “Self-Service Backup and DR for IaaS: The Service You Can’t Live Without” tomorrow, Thursday at 10.30 am.
Acronis is a Swiss company, founded in Singapore. Celebrating two decades of innovation, Acronis has more than 1,800 employees in 45 locations. The Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud solution is available in 26 languages in over 150 countries and is used by 20,000 service providers to protect over 750,000 businesses.