Toro Rosso F1 2017 Launch: Spectacular New STR12 Car
Scuderia Toro Rosso revealed its 2017 Formula 1 challenger, the STR12, at the pit lane outside the garage at the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit on Sunday, February 26, 2017.
- Chassis: Composite monocoque structure
- Transmission: Gearbox maincase: Scuderia Toro Rosso, one piece carbon fibre.
- Gears: eight-speed sequential — hydraulically operated. Supplied by Red Bull Technology.
- Tyres: Pirelli
- Front: upper and lower carbon wishbones, pushrod, torsion bar springs, anti roll bars
- Rear: upper and lower carbon wishbones, pullrod, torsion bar springs, anti roll bars
- Brakes: Brembo. Scuderia Toro Rosso brake by wire
- Engine: RENAULT - 2017
Carlos Sainz and Daniil Kvyat unveil the new STR12 F1 car during previews for F1 winter testing at the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit.
Carlos Sainz: “F1 is taking a massive step forward this year thanks to the regulation changes. This year the cars seem very fast and racing is going to attract many more fans. I’m convinced we will put on a great show.”
Scuderia Toro Rosso STR12 on a track in Misano Adriatico, Italy.
Daniil Kvyat: “2017 is a big year for us all in F1, as it’s a season of new opportunities because of the new regulations and new cars. We will need to adapt to this as fast as possible and this is why we have trained hard during the winter in order to be ready for a bigger physical demand.”
VIDEO: Scuderia Toro Rosso's new STR12 in action during a filming day in Misano Adriatico, Italy.
Back in October, we had an interesting conversation with Toro Rosso Technical Chief James Key about the new STR12 car and the team’s hopes and plans for the new Formula 1 season. We’ll bring you more updates as we analyze the new design and follow the team’s progress throughout the year.
- Toro Rosso’s New STR12: Bigger, Faster, and Louder
- Datacenter in a Suitcase: A Day in the Life of a Racetrack IT Engineer
- Faster Data Protection Gives Businesses a Competitive Advantage