Not too long ago (even 5 or 10 years seems an eternity) life was easy. Most of us were tied to our desks. The ones that were not, like sales people, would carry boxes with printed materials and price lists in the trunks of their cars. Remote workers would dial in and connect via VPN to access their file servers.
Things are different now. Mobility is changing the way we do business. We work wherever we are, at the office, at home, on a plane, at a client’s site, out in the field. We are mobile. We use mobile devices. And all companies, large and small, benefit from this new scenario. Competitive organizations empower their users with mobility solutions maximizing their productivity to drive better service, improve customer satisfaction, and ultimately increase revenue and profitability.
Easy enough, right? Not so fast, there are a few potential pain points facing any business interested in optimizing its mobile capabilities. To highlight a few, first and foremost, files, documents, are business assets. They have value. They contain important, sensitive, private, or competitive information. They need to be handled with care. Furthermore, normally every employee should not have access to every file on the company’s server, especially if some users are external to the organization. Sales people should access sales-related files, financial people should access other sets of documents, and so on. Who can access what becomes important.
A good “access, sync & share” solution will allow you to deal with all those critical points. Let me build a list of elements to consider when thinking about implementing Secure Sync & Share for your organization
- Scope: The solution needs to deliver everything required to provide secure access, sync and share without depending on other solutions.
- Ease of Use: Intuitive, yet powerful user experience to access, create, edit and share business files is mandatory.
- Security: Secure and managed sharing and collaboration with customers and partners, providing powerful and granular security and management controls for end to end data protection.
- Integrates with Active Directory to authenticate users and facilitate device enrollment and provides full support for ‘Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)’ or provisioned devices.
- Compatibility: A solution that can be used on mainstream devices and operating systems. iOS, Android, Windows, Mac along with all web browsers. Integrates with other products including Active Directory to authenticate users and facilitate device enrollment and full support for ‘Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)’ or provisioned devices.
- Scalability: Scales and adapts to the business needs. From small to big, supporting simple or complex environments.
By implementing Secure Sync & Share properly, organizations of all sizes enable users to have access to all information needed anytime, anywhere on all popular devices to make better-faster decisions, work with customers, support products and projects, and deliver effective service, while protecting its valued assets. The benefits are immediate.