At Acronis, we strive to ensure that our service provider partners can make full use of our comprehensive cyber protection solutions alongside the tools that they already rely on. Today, we’re pleased to announce that Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud now integrates with Jamf Pro, a comprehensive enterprise management solution for the Apple ecosystem, enabling MSPs to strengthen their cyber protection services for clients’ macOS devices while simplifying internal processes.
This effort marks the latest entry to Acronis’ growing list of seamless integrations with leading RMM/PSA vendors, and is the first integration between Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud and a third-party vendor that’s focused solely on macOS environments.
Securing macOS devices against today’s cyberthreats
Remember the old adage that “Macs don’t get viruses”? If only it were that easy.
It may once have been easy for service providers to focus on market-dominating Windows devices, but macOS is increasingly prominent in today’s business environments. More than half of all small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are Mac-friendly, either supplying macOS devices or permitting their use. With the widespread switch to remote work over the last year, cybercriminals are turning their attention towards macOS like never before and generating a flood of new cyberthreats.
MSPs need the right tools to monitor and secure their clients’ macOS systems as quickly and effectively as possible. That’s where Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud and Jamf Pro come in.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud and Jamf Pro: Better together
Aside from protecting macOS devices, one of the other big challenges for service providers — especially as they face a growing onslaught of rapidly-evolving cyberthreats — is trying to juggle multiple solutions and management tools.
Seventy percent of MSPs rely on 2–5 security vendors. This introduces complexity that’s inefficient and can reduce your security posture: administrators must be trained to use several products with disparate interfaces, while this sort of IT environment can result in missed alerts and introduce serious software incompatibilities.
With this integration, MSPs using Jamf Pro can enjoy a variety of efficiency- and security-boosting capabilities:
- Simple configuration, integrated with standard enrollment: The integration with Jamf Pro leverages standard enrollment and management methods for macOS devices. Assign a static or dynamic group as the install queue, and Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud will be automatically deployed to any systems in the queue. Deployment is supported for systems with Intel or M1 chips.
- Streamlined management of multiple Jamf Pro accounts: Currently manage multiple Jamf Pro accounts for multiple instances? This integration lets MSPs handle all their clients through a single Acronis account. Ensure controlled and secure processes by configuring all integration settings in one place.
- Cyber protection plan provisioning: Set a default protection plan for all macOS computers on a Jamf Pro account. Unless specified otherwise, this plan will be automatically applied when Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud is deployed to macOS computers.
- Protection status monitoring: View the status of applied protection plans within the Jamf Pro interface. Backup and protection statuses are available in Jamf Pro as Extension Attributes, which can be used in Advanced Searches and Dynamic Groups.
- Remote installation of the protection agent on macOS devices: Assign any macOS computer to the static or dynamic group they define, either manually or as part of the standard enrollment procedure for new machines.
Complete details regarding the integration of Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud and Jamf Pro are available on our website.
The new integration between Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud and Jamf Pro enables MSPs to easily mass deploy and manage Acronis’ single-agent solution for comprehensive backup, cybersecurity, and endpoint protection management on their clients’ macOS devices. Monitor cyber protection status and respond to issues quickly within the Jamf Pro interface. With the ability to manage one or multiple Jamf Pro accounts with a single Acronis account, streamlining your everyday tasks has never been easier.
For further details on this release, including how to start taking advantage of the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud and Jamf Pro integration today, visit the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud Solutions Portal.