In our digital age data is not just an asset – it’s the backbone of business continuity. Understanding this, Acronis is proud to present its latest innovation in data protection: Geo-Redundant Storage (GRS). Let's break down what GRS is and how it works before we explore the benefits Acronis brings to the table.
Understanding Geo-Redundant Storage
GRS is a data storage technique that ensures high availability and reliability by replicating your data to multiple geographically separate locations. Unlike traditional storage systems that keep your data in a single location, GRS stores multiple copies of your data in different geographic regions. In the event of a site failure, data loss or a natural disaster, the GRS system can quickly switch to a secondary location ensuring uninterrupted data availability.
How does Acronis GRS work?
Acronis GRS takes the complexity out of data redundancy. When you upload your backup data to a selected Acronis data center, it is immediately and automatically replicated to another distant Acronis data center. This replica kicks into action the moment a primary site outage is detected — with no intervention required from your side.
Typical use cases for using GRS
· Business-critical operations: Businesses where downtime or data loss can result in significant financial or operational impacts.
· Regulated industries: Sectors like health care, finance and public services often face strict data storage and protection regulations, which may mandate geo-redundancy.
· Global businesses: Companies with a global footprint or those servicing customers across the globe may require data to be stored in multiple geographical locations to improve uptime and comply with local laws.
· Businesses that have previously experienced data loss: Those who've experienced significant data threats in the past, such as ransomware attacks or natural disasters affecting their primary storage location.
· Large data volumes: Organizations that manage vast amounts of data might want to ensure they have backup copies in multiple locations as an extra precaution.
· Sensitive data handling: Organizations that handle sensitive data, be it personal, financial or otherwise confidential, often use GRS as an added layer of protection against data loss.
· 3-2-1 rule implementation: Customers who want to comply with the 3-2-1 backup rule, but do not want to manage their own local storage.
Acronis GRS: A game-changer in data protection
Now available from Acronis, our GRS solution offers three key differentiators that set it apart:
Acronis GRS is a turnkey solution that eliminates the complexity and hidden costs of traditional data redundancy methods. Customers can now experience:
· Cost savings from avoiding additional storage purchases.
· Zero stress about managing extra hardware.
· No configuration hassles with third-party storage providers.
With Acronis GRS, your data replication is completely managed by Acronis, providing a streamlined, efficient approach to data redundancy.
2. Complete protection
Unlike solutions from other backup or storage providers, Acronis GRS is not limited in scope. It encompasses:
· Business critical virtual machines and physical servers.
· Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace, safeguarding your cloud data.
· Workstations and servers, ensuring your on-premises data is just as secure.
· A broad coverage that spans across customer workloads, leaving no data unprotected.
This comprehensive protection is designed to meet the needs of diverse digital environments.
3. Secure by design
Security is not an afterthought; it's woven into the fabric of Acronis GRS. We offer:
· Encryption both in transit and at rest, ensuring your data is unreadable to unauthorized parties.
· Storage immutability, which protects against ransomware by making data unchangeable.
· AV-scanning of archives, providing another layer of defense by checking for and neutralizing threats.
These features ensure that your data is not just redundantly stored but also resilient against evolving cyber threats.
The launch of Geo-Redundant Storage for Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud represents our commitment to providing top-tier, secure and comprehensive data protection solutions. With Acronis GRS, you get a complete, secure and hassle-free way to ensure your data remains safe, accessible and protected against any cyberthreat. If you’re already using Acronis Cloud Storage, adding geo-redundancy takes less than one minute and can be enabled for any of your customers using US2 or US5 data centers. Try Acronis Geo-Redundant Storage today and experience the peace of mind that comes with knowing your data is in good hands.
Acronis is a Swiss company, founded in Singapore. Celebrating two decades of innovation, Acronis has more than 1,800 employees in 45 locations. The Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud solution is available in 26 languages in over 150 countries and is used by 20,000 service providers to protect over 750,000 businesses.