Safety, Accessibility, Privacy, Authenticity, Security (SAPAS)
The five vectors of cyber protection
As data volumes grow and methods of access change, safeguarding your data – and the applications and systems that rely on it – involves addressing complex and often competing considerations. Called the Five Vectors of Cyber Protection, Acronis has developed a unique approach that successfully balances these requirements.
Being "safe" means avoiding things that can cause injury, pain, and loss – which are critical in the digital world. That’s because unlike physical items, digital assets are much more vulnerable and can be easily destroyed – either accidentally or on purpose.
Creating reliable backups of your data, applications, and systems – and storing them in a way that ensures information is available when you need to recover something – is the only way to keep everything safe.
In today’s mobile world, we carry more computing power in our pocket than was used to send a man to the moon. To take advantage of that technology, we need to access our data, applications, and systems from wherever we are.
Cyber protection ensures that access, while balancing it against the need to keep digital environments and assets safe, private, authentic, and secure. Locking a hard drive in a vault makes the contents safe but inaccessible – so it’s not useful.
From identity theft to corporate espionage, keeping things private is a basic need for individuals and companies alike. Yet the recent spike in breaches around the world shows that few companies are taking appropriate steps to combat modern incursions.
Limiting who can view and use your data, applications, and systems should be under your complete control – whether that’s managing permissions for users or employing enterprise-grade encryption to block prying eyes.
Knowing that something is "authentic" means we can prove it is true or original. For IT pros, knowing a backup is authentic is vital since recovering a file, server, or entire infrastructure from an altered or corrupted version can put a company at risk.
Given the threat posed by unauthorized alterations, users need a way to validate a backup’s authenticity before relying on it. Blockchain notarization offers indisputable proof that a file hasn’t been tampered with.
At its most basic level, security means freedom from danger. Unfortunately, the digital world is filled with constantly evolving attacks – from ransomware that encrypts files to cryptomining malware that hijacks your system resources while injecting other threats.
Securing your digital environment requires a protection strategy that includes an integrated defense that can stop all online threats, including new strains that exploit previously unknown vulnerabilities.
The modern world is a digital world
Practically every aspect of the modern world is driven by data and our reliance on digital assets will only increase in the future. To ensure their survival, companies need solutions that address safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security.
- Internet of things
- Self-driving cars
- 3D Printers
- Next Gen Computing
- Basic Needs
- Virtual Reality
- Life Sciences
- Space Exploration
- Artificial Intelligence
- Safety, Security, Privacy
- Quantum Technologies
- Big Data
Acronis delivers SAPAS
Acronis is once again transforming the industry. Our visionary solutions combine traditional data protection with the cybersecurity needed to combat today’s modern, ever-evolving threats.
- Acronis Cyber SuiteTurn your IT organization into an internal service provider with this multi-tenant data protection service – providing individual departments with isolated environments, usage reports, and their own billing.
- Acronis Cyber PlatformProvide your internal customers with cost-efficient, high-performing, highly scalable, and centrally managed storage capacity. Better still, it can be extended to any public cloud with just a few clicks.
- Acronis Cyber InfrastructureProvide your internal customers with cost-efficient, high-performing, highly scalable, and centrally managed storage capacity. Better still, it can be extended to any public cloud with just a few clicks.
Everyone needs protection
- For service providersManaging multiple tools can be complex. Eliminate protection gaps for your clients through seamless, integrated protection
- For ITProtecting your users from modern cyberthreats is challenging. Replace your legacy backup and antivirus with a next-generation solution
- For home and businessLosing valuable assets can be costly. Back up and protect your data the easy way with a self-serve solution