Below is a list of previously released product features. To view the most recent list of releases, link here.
December 2021 ReleaseRelease notes
- Protect backups from data deletion with immutable storageStrengthen regulatory compliance by preventing accidental or malicious deletion of clients’ backups. Simply configure the number of days that deleted data should be retained – even if your clients’ workloads are compromised. Deleted data can be recovered via the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud console.
- Extend data protection services to MariaDB and MySQL databases with Advanced BackupProtect clients’ data across more workloads. Acronis collects metadata for each database running on it while the entire workload is backed up. This means you can browse databases and/or fully or granularly recover data and tables without recovering the entire workload.
- Unlock broader failover control and more failover scenarios for licensed applicationsGain more control over network configurations and IP address leases by running your own DHCP service on a recovery server during failover or test failover. For example, you can edit the MAC address of primary and recovery servers so they can run applications bound to MAC addresses.
- Automate updates to Acronis-Autotask PSA contractsSynchronize all changes made in the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud management console with Autotask PSA contracts, and vice versa. You can assign cyber protection plans to new workloads without waiting for manual updates in the Autotask PSA contracts, and without waiting for the migration of tenants to new billing modes. All changes are reflected immediately.
- Enhance your file sync and share service with unified iOS applicationsDeliver a better client user experience with the unification of the Acronis Cyber Files Cloud application for iOS and the Acronis Cyber Files on-premises application. This approach not only makes it easier for a client to correctly select an application for file sync and share but also enables simultaneous product updates and improvements.
- Improve clients’ visibility and control over the notarization processElevate client insight into any notarization process with new, instant-status visibility and prompt notifications. Clients can also download notarization certificates as a PDF and easily copy the file notarization information for trusted verification.
- Build trust and make the eSigning process more transparent for clientsEnhance your eSignature services and increase transparency by letting clients see all the emails that are included in an e-signing invitation.
November 2021 ReleaseRelease notes
- Maximize workload performance through off-host data processing in Advanced BackupReduce the load on your clients’ workloads by moving backup replication, validation, retention and conversion into a VM operation for another machine with the Advanced Backup for Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud. These operations can be performed independently from existing protection plans that are on a separate schedule.
- Achieve near-zero RTOs by scheduling backup conversion into ready-to-start virtual machinesOptimize your RTOs by scheduling a regular conversion of important workload backups into ready-to-start virtual machines (Instant Restore) with the Advanced Backup pack for Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud. The converted VMs are updated incrementally with each conversion task execution. Backup conversion operations can be performed on a separate schedule and different agent.
- Provide greater control of backup and recovery tasks to VMware Cloud Director’s backup operatorsMore data protection options are available for tenants in the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal. VM backup operators can access more backup/recovery options to comply with tenants’ backup policies.
- Protect Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022 with anti-malware and anti-ransomware technologiesStrengthen workload protection by extending your next-generation anti-malware and anti-ransomware services to Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022 to counter modern cyber threats.
- Extend disaster recovery to Linux workloads with logical volumes (LVM)Protect Linux physical and virtual machines that have logical volumes (LVM) with disaster recovery services.
- Leverage a web installer for MacOSMinimize provisioning efforts with a lightweight web installer for MacOS that works on both Intel and Apple M1 CPUs to eliminate the need to download different installers based on a CPU model.
- Easily match usage metrics to their related prices in the price list (SKUs)Easily do a one-to-one match between usage and related SKUs with the introduction of new SKU-related fields in the usage report. Streamline invoice preparation and minimize errors.
- Leverage a one-click access to integration management in the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud consoleThe improved user experience of the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud console makes integrations much more easily accessible, through one-click access via the navigation pane.
- Benefit from folder improvements in Acronis Cyber FilesLeverage extended folder functionalities in Acronis Cyber Files that allow users to drag and drop folders and files from the Web UI.
October 2021 ReleaseRelease notes
- Benefit from new, simplified licensing for Microsoft 365Leverage a new, simplified Microsoft 365 licensing model that offers attractive per-seat pricing for partners – with unlimited Acronis Hosted Cloud Storage included. This change is available within “per workload” licensing.
- Delegate backup and recovery task management without compromising vCloud Director securityGain more granular control over who is responsible for VMware backup and recovery management. vCloud Director administrators can now delegate backup and recovery capabilities by manually creating new “Organization self-service VM backup operator” roles with a custom set of permissions.
- Enjoy improved security of API permissions within ConnectWise Manage integrationsProvide more control and greater security of API permissions by no longer relying on the generic “admin” role. Now you can set your own granular permissions for the API user within your ConnectWise Manage environment.
- Ensure support for upcoming macOS and Android OS versionsEnsure you will be able to protect clients’ Android 12 and macOS 12 workloads with cyber protection from day one of the upcoming releases.
September 2021 ReleaseRelease notes
- New third-party integrationsSupporting your operational efficiency, Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud features new native integrations with commonly used RMM tools. Our list of new integrations includes Addigy, Datto RMM, Ninja RMM, and Paessler PRTG.
August 2021 ReleaseRelease notes
- Intuitive Section Management for Client Executive Summary ReportThe Executive Summary report enables you to demonstrate the value of your services to clients. Further demonstrate your value in this report by adding, naming, or changing the order of sections within the report to better represent the organization of your client’s business.
- Differentiate the network protection folder path for Windows and macOSProtect both Windows and macOS workloads within a single protection plan by specifying the Network Folder Protection Restore path for either Windows or macOS separately.
- Increased visibility and management of links used within eSignatureUsers are now empowered to better manage links for the eSignature capability in Advanced File Sync and Share; allowing them to view, edit or even revoke shared links. History is also provided by link type and duration of link validity.
- New third-party integrationsEasing your administrative efforts, Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud provides native integrations with commonly used RMM tools. Our list of new integrations includes N-able RMM and N-able N-central.
July 2021 ReleaseRelease notes
- Full support and integration with VMware vCloud DirectorCloud providers hosting with the vCloud Director can now offer tenants Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud. Enable clients with proactive cyber protection and fast recovery through a simple web interface requiring no client-side deployment. Per-tenant reports allow flexible billing.
- Proactive notifications after Microsoft 365 Data RecoveryClients now can react quickly if needed with proactive notifications after recovery or downloading of backed up data on Microsoft 365.
- ”Restore Operator” role for Microsoft 365/Google WorkspaceProtect your client’s data and prevent accessibility when assigning the “Restore Operator” role, which allows the assignee to recover data on behalf of the client/user without providing access to its content.
- New Advanced File Sync and Share PackImprove the collaboration and productivity of your clients’ teams. The Advanced File Sync and Share pack extends Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud’s integrated secure file-sharing capabilities with fully remote notarization, file verification, and online signing.
- Advanced audit trail in eSignature certificateKnow exactly the status of your document by viewing a detailed audit trail and tracing the flow of actions within the signature certificate.
- Backup slice management for Android 2.3.0View, select, delete or restore any mobile backup slices of your choice through this intuitive slice management capability.
- Easily and selectively restore backed up pictures and videos for Android 2.3.0Save time and restore only the pictures or videos needed by quickly and easily selecting multiple files at once; by days, sequentially.
- New third-party integrationsEasing your administrative efforts, Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud features new native integrations with commonly used RMM and PSA tools. Our list of new integrations includes ConnectWise Command, Jamf Pro, CloudBlue PSA, and Matrix42.
June 2021 ReleaseRelease notes
- Device control for macOSReduce your client’s risk from insider data breaches on Mac computers by controlling user access to peripheral devices and local interfaces on protected computers running macOS Catalina and Big Sur.
- Executive Summary Reports to present key performance metrics to clientsEasily demonstrate the value of the services you deliver to your clients with these customizable reports. Reported metrics include: patches installed, malicious URLs blocked, malware blocked, protection status of machines…and more. Available on partner and customer levels in the Management Portal.
- Simplified delivery of initial backup to the cloud for backup plans with replicationsPhysical Data Shipping with replication to cloud is now possible for locations with Always Incremental scheme only.
- Privacy warnings for Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace backupsPrevents accidental access to client data by warning the partner and that action will be logged before accessing sensitive data.
- Client Access to audit log for Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace backupsThe client or administrator is able to search and review events related to Microsoft 365 or Google Workspace cloud-to-cloud backup for any investigation or analysis of possible deviations.
- Brand-neutral Acronis Cyber Protect installerAcronis partners are able to provide a brand-neutral solution to their customers. Partners can enable white-labeling in the partner settings; allowing the client to download a brand-neutral installer and Cyber Protect Monitor.
- Support licensing for hosting serversFor Acronis partners utilizing web hosting control panels, special web hosting server protection pricing and licensing has been introduced for: DirectAdmin, Virtualmin, ISPmanager.
May 2021 ReleaseRelease notes
- Advanced Email Security PackEmail is the biggest threat vector for your clients, neutralize it and minimize risks by blocking any email threat, including spam, phishing, business email compromise, advanced persistent threats, and zero-days; before it reaches end-users.
- Auto-update for cyber protection agentsEnsure all agents are updated to the latest version without any manual operation. Available for Windows, Linux, and Mac machines.
- Registration token changesGenerate registration tokens without having to log out from the Partner account and back in as a customer. Empowers script-based integrators to provide flexibility.
- Flexible deployment of agent without anti-malware componentUse Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud without the anti-malware component to decrease the number of services running on the machine, optimize RAM consumption, and improve compatibility with third-party antivirus solutions.
- Monitor signed applications by using behavior detectionIncrease the security of Acronis-protected workloads by monitoring signed applications for potential threats. All signed applications, (non-Microsoft certificates) are monitored via the improved performance of the Acronis Behavior Engine to quickly react to new developing threats.
- Document templates for Acronis Cyber Notary CloudSimplify the process of signing typical documents by using templates for employment contracts, service agreements, or NDAs.
- Software inventory improvements in Advanced Management PackAutomatically be alerted when there is a need to change your current service quota. Software inventory scan results are updated without having to refresh.
- Improved failback planning in Advanced Disaster Recovery PackSave the time and effort needed for planning failback activities and gain immediate visibility of the size of backup data to be transferred back to the local site.
April 2021 ReleaseRelease notes
- Vulnerability assessments and Acronis Active Protection for macOSIncrease protection for your clients’ macOS workloads by protecting them from advanced threats with Acronis Active Protection. If a macOS is infected with ransomware, Acronis Active Protection is able to detect this activity, stop it, and recover your clients’ data.
- Vulnerability assessments for macOSStrengthen your clients’ macOS workloads by running scheduled vulnerability assessments. Detect known issues before they become a problem with easy to run scans within the Cyber Protection console. If issues arise, you can quickly remediate them to keep your clients’ data safe.
- UX improvements for licensing of Advanced packsSimplify your management and monitoring processes with new UX improvements to Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud. This enables you to easily switch from one client account to another so that you can get at-a-glance views quickly and easily – saving you and your technicians time.
- Collecting hardware inventory from agent-based virtual machinesSave time and effort with hardware inventory information for agent-based virtual machines on a clients’ network. With on-demand scans, you can easily monitor hardware changes, receive detailed reports for devices and ensure that they are adequately protected.
- Performance improvement for behavior engineImproved performance for our behavior engine helps you protect your clients from antivirus and anti-malware with less strain on their systems. With significant performance enhancements, you can increase protection for them with fewer resources.
- Firewall policies managementEasily manage firewall policies on your clients’ behalf for their disaster recovery servers through the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud console. This enables you to simplify the support process and manage outbound and inbound firewall policies.
- Device control: support of encrypted removable media and screenshot capture accessEliminate the risk of data leaks with encrypted removable media and screenshot capture control. This enables users to keep sensitive information within their organization – should a removable device get in the wrong hands or prevent screenshots from being copied to the clipboard. Keeping your clients’ sensitive data safe and secure.
- Storing cPanel metadata in the backup archive metaQuickly and easily restore massive amounts of data by storing cPanel metadata in the archive. Data heavy environments – such as hundreds of websites – can traditionally take a significant amount of time to recover. This enables you to get cPanel instances up and running quickly.
March 2021 ReleaseRelease notes
- Acronis Cyber Cloud new licensingLeverage a set of essential cyber protection tools in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud at no cost or in a pay-as-you-go model. Deliver optimum levels of cyber protection with our new advanced packs - Advanced Backup, Advanced Disaster Recovery, Advanced Security, and Advanced Management – which you can mix and match based on your clients’ needs.
- Automated failback with near-zero downtimeAchieve best-in-class failback times, ensure business continuity, and safeguard your clients’ data by transferring it to the local site, while the virtual machine in the cloud is still running. Get information about the progress and estimated downtime, and plan the failback process accordingly.
- Agentless backup and restore for Red Hat VirtualizationPerform agentless backups and restores of Red Hat Virtualization (RHV) virtual machines and granular recovery of files and folders.
- Support for Scale Computing HC3Protect even more workloads with full support for agentless backup and recovery of Scale Computing HC3 virtual machines.
- Protection for macOS on ARMProvide full protection for macOS on the newly released ARM CPU with Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud’s vulnerability assessments, patch management, antivirus and anti-malware capabilities.
- Integration with Kaseya VSACentrally monitor and manage all of your workloads and alerts within the Kaseya VSA interface, including provisioning services, managing devices and protection plans, ticketing, reporting, etc.
February 2021 ReleaseRelease notes
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) via device and port controlStrengthen data protection and prevent leaks of sensitive information via local physical and virtual workloads. Enforce context-aware controls over local data access and transfer operations on workloads, including clipboard operations.
- Anti-malware for LinuxIncrease protection for your clients’ Linux-based environments. Anti-malware protection for Linux provides real-time protection and scheduled scans so that you can notify clients, and block and quarantine suspicious activity in real-time.
- Support checks for updates via peer-to-peerMaintain your clients’ system updates with ease. With peer-to-peer updates in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, as long as one agent is connected to the cloud, it will receive and share updates with other agents on the network. If this agent is down or not connected the rest of the agents will go to Acronis Cloud and will receive updates there – ensuring they are all up to date.
- Bootable Media BuilderRecover clients’ data even faster with the bootable media builder, now available in Acronis Cyber Cloud. This enables you to easily create a customized Linux-based or Windows-based media that can be moved to USBs, ISO, or WIM without downloading any additional software – saving you time and resources.
- IPsec multisite VPN supportStrengthen security with support of IPSec multisite VPN support. Available in Acronis Cyber Disaster Recovery Cloud, IPsec multisite VPN support integrates secure protocols and algorithms, so you can easily support clients with multiple sites that are hosting critical workloads with higher requirements for security, compliance, and bandwidth.
- Custom DNS configurationProvide flexibility by setting up your custom DNS configurations for the disaster recovery site in the Acronis cloud. This enables you to easily adjust DNS settings for your cloud servers, that are dependent on your own DNS services.
- Enhanced security modeProvide even better security for your clients with enhanced security mode. This mode restricts data access for everyone but the data owner – it safeguards all backups by ensuring they are encrypted and the management console doesn’t store or archive any passwords.
- Acronis Cyber Files Cloud for AndroidProtect even more Android files with additional functionalities within Acronis Cyber Files – including localization support in Spanish. With this new software update, users can now take photos within the app, and provide an even better user experience with pdf files: improved speed, enhanced search performance, and more.
January 2021 ReleaseRelease notes
- Monitor all of your protected workloadsEasily track the total number of workloads protected across all editions enabled within a specific partner, customer, folder, or unit.
- Save time and effort on service quota managementManage service quotas for multiple devices directly from the devices grid, instead of going through each device individually.
- Gain clear visibility into hardware and software inventory changesSee what’s changed over a specific time period in your hardware and software inventory at a glance with new widgets.
- Access all the system information you need in one placeResolve customer issues faster with all required performance logs and system information, available in the management portal.
December 2020 ReleaseRelease notes
- Proactive AI-based Ransomware Protection for LinuxSecure all data on Linux systems with real-time protection from ransomware. The AI-based Acronis Active Protection technology uses sophisticated analysis tools to recognize suspicious behavior and a wide variety of ransomware types, stopping their attack.
- Acronis Cyber Notary Cloud e-signature APICustomize, integrate, and extend your services with an advanced e-signature functionality that enables easy, efficient, and secure online signing of files with embeddable e-signatures, no matter where the files are stored.
- Software and Hardware Inventory CollectionSave time and effort with up-to-date software and hardware inventory information.
Discover all software/hardware assets installed on customer machines through automatic or on-demand scans. In addition, you can browse and filter software/hardware assets by multiple criteria, easily generate inventory reports, and auto-delete records once a machine or tenant is removed.
November 2020 ReleaseRelease notes
- Agentless backup and restore for Virtuozzo Hybrid Server 7.5 virtual machinesNow you can back up and restore Virtuozzo Hybrid Server 7.5 virtual machines and perform granular recovery of files and folders.
- Support for VMware vSphere 7.0Acronis Cyber Cloud provides full support for agentless backup and recovery of virtual machines running on VMware vSphere 7.0.
- New UX for Acronis Cyber Protect MonitorThe Acronis Cyber Protect Monitor is now enhanced with current protection status, date and time of the last backup, and more.
October 2020 ReleaseRelease notes
- Simplified and automated disaster recovery setupSetting up a disaster recovery infrastructure has never been easier – just enable the disaster recovery functionality in a protection plan and a default infrastructure will be automatically set up based on the device’s CPU, RAM, and network configuration.
- Support for macOS Big SurAcronis Cyber Cloud provides full support for the newest version of macOS Big Sur, set to be released this fall.
September 2020 ReleaseRelease notes
- Embeddable e-signaturesAccelerate and automate the signature process while reducing costs with embeddable e-signatures and Ethereum-based blockchain notarization for them. In Acronis Cyber Notary Cloud, clients can easily execute every step of the document workflow – from creation, to sending the document to multiple signees – with an easy drag, drop, and sign feature.
- Protection for Citrix WorkspaceAcronis Cyber Protect Cloud provides enhanced security for Citrix Workspace to proactively protect workspaces with vulnerability assessment, patch management, code injection prevention, and anti-malware capabilities.
August 2020 ReleaseRelease notes
- Acronis Cyber Protect Essentials EditionEvery workload is different, but every workload needs cyber protection – whether it stores business-critical data or nothing at all. With Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud Essentials Edition, you can protect workloads that don’t need to be backed up with bullet-proof cyber protection capabilities — antivirus and anti-malware, URL filtering, vulnerability assessment, patch management, and remote desktop.
- Exploit preventionUntil a patch is applied, your clients’ machines are vulnerable. With exploit prevention, you can stop and prevent attacks with memory protection, return-oriented programming protection, code injection protection, and privilege escalation protection.
- URL filtering widget reportSimplify administrative management with an easy to read URL filtering report. At a glance, you can see a static list of URL categories and the number of items that were detected in the defined period of time.
- Read-only role for disaster recoveryEnhance the security of your internal operations with a read-only role for Acronis Cyber Disaster Recovery Cloud. With this additional user permission, your technicians can monitor and manage the account without the permissions needed to make changes within accounts.
July 2020 ReleaseRelease notes
- #CyberFit ScoreThis security assessment and scoring tool is now available to everyone as a standalone tool. It identifies the security gaps in an IT environment by looking at common threat vectors and provides detailed recommendations on how an organization can improve its security posture, safeguarding its systems against modern threats.
- Microsoft Teams backup and recoveryBackup and recover your clients’ entire Microsoft 365 Teams site and channels, including team mailboxes, meetings, and channel content. You can also perform full-text searches within channel conversations.
- Enhanced URL filteringHelp your clients manage employee productivity with URL filtering. Advanced categorization by website type allows you to choose which categories users have access to when browsing the web, ensuring they are more focused.
- Assign users access permissionsOne of the best ways to secure data is to compartmentalize who has access to it and who has permissions to change it. We take a similar approach to our platform and now have read-only user permissions to help you better secure clients’ accounts within your organization.
- Enhanced password strength policyCommon or compromised passwords are an easy way for cybercriminals to access an account. New password precautions for the Acronis Cyber Cloud platform checks users’ passwords against top leaked and bad password databases, identifies company and user names, and leverages a password strength meter to encourage better password practices.
Acronis Cyber Cloud 9.0 Update 2Release notes
- Point-to-site remote VPN accessWith our new VPN feature, clients on DR-enabled tenants can establish a secure (L2 VPN) connection to the corporate network with their personal devices. This secure point-to-site connection allows clients to access files from the local site or the cloud so they can do their job without compromising the security of the network.
- Updated patch management capabilitiesSoftware patches and updates are essential to securing a business environment. New customization capabilities in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud enable you to postpone machine reboots until after backups are complete.
Acronis Cyber Cloud 9.0 Update 1Release notes
- #CyberFit ScoreThis security assessment and scoring tool, available for Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, identifies the security gaps in an IT environment by looking at common threat vectors and suggesting ways you can improve your #CyberFit score. By addressing these areas, you can improve your security posture and safeguard your system against modern threats.
- Protection for Zoom, WebEx, and Microsoft TeamsCollaboration tools like WebEx and Zoom can help an organization become more efficient, but the problem is a lot of these tools are not secure. With Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, you can actively protect these popular collaboration tools with antivirus and anti-malware protection.
- Remotely wipe devicesInstead of letting business-critical data get into the wrong hands, you can now remotely wipe compromised or missing Windows devices. Built into Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, you can successfully prevent data from being deleted by disgruntled employees or being accessed from lost or stolen devices.
- Remote desktop enhancementsEmployees working from home may need access to files or apps on their work machines, they might not have a configured VPN. Now you can share a secure link with end users so they can remotely access their machine.
- Predefined protection plansProtect your clients’ remote and office workers quickly and easily by choosing one of three preconfigured protection plans. These options help you save time while ensuring you that your clients’ workloads and environments are protected.
- Voice control for Acronis Cyber ProtectYour personal safety and security are our top priority. Given the current environment, we want to enable you to help clients without needing to physically touch their machines. Voice control for Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud means you can now control the console hands-free.
Cyber Protect Cloud
Modernize your clients' security and backup with integrated cyber protection
Sorry, your browser is not supported.
It seems that our new website is incompatible with your current browser's version. Don’t worry, this is easily fixed! To view our complete website, simply update your browser now or continue anyway.