Flexible data migration gives you control over moving your data
- Full data migration: migrate operating systems, boot information, programs and files — easily and securely.
- Easily upgrade your computer's drive and migrate from an HDD to a lightning-fast SSD in few clicks.
- Migrate your data across various mobile operating systems, from Android to iOS; iOS to Android; or between two devices using the same OS.
- Effortlessly execute a comprehensive bare-metal restore directly from your personal cloud backup.
- Easily recover your full system or select individual files and folders, ensuring flexible data restoration.
- Copy, format, partition and even delete hard drive images with comprehensive control and convenience.
- InitiationStart the migration process, selecting source and destination devices.
- Data transferEfficiently move data from source to destination, adapting formats as necessary.
- FormattingEnsure the new storage device is formatted correctly, whether it's transitioning from HDD to SSD or another format.
- ValidationVerify the migration's success with thorough checks for data integrity.
- CompletionReceive confirmation and start using your new drive or device with confidence.
Securely migrate your data, every time
With Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (formerly Acronis True Image), you can easily migrate your data securely — keeping all your data safe.
Data integrityThe software ensures data is transferred accurately and securely, reducing the risk of data loss or corruption during migration.
CompatibilityAcronis supports various source and destination devices — including different operating systems — ensuring flexibility in your data migration projects.
User-friendlyWith a user-friendly interface and step-by-step guidance, Acronis makes data migration accessible even for those with limited technical expertise.
VersatilityBeyond data migration, Acronis offers additional features like backup and recovery — enhancing your overall data management and protection capabilities.
Choose a cyber protection plan that meets your needs
Formerly Acronis True Image
What our users say
Works on multiple platforms
- Windows 11 (all editions)
- Windows 10 (all editions)
- Windows 8+ (all editions)
- Windows 7 SP1 (all editions)
- Windows Home Server 2011
Windows file systems
- macOS Sonoma 14
- macOS Ventura 13
- macOS Monterey 12
- macOS Big Sur 11
- macOS Catalina 10.15
macOS file system
- Core Storage
- NTFS (including Boot Camp)
Mobile operating systems
- iOS 12.0 or later
- Android 7.0 or later
Looking for help?
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is data migration?
Data migration is the process of transferring data between different data formats, storage systems or computer systems. Organizations can initiate a data migration process due to various reasons:
- To replace or upgrade servers or storage infrastructure
- To move on-premises infrastructure to cloud-based platforms
- To move data between third-party cloud services (cloud data migration)
- To perform infrastructure maintenance
- To consolidate websites
- To migrate databases or applications
- To move data during a data center relocation or a merger
- To install software upgrades
The data migration process requires preparation, extraction and transformation of data following a customized plan, depending on the company's goals and budget for the project.
- How to do a data migration?
Moving data from one system to another may seem effortless until you've tried it. Your strategy will depend on your specific needs and goals.
- Identify the data format, location and its sensitivity
- Planning for the size and scope of the project
- Back up all the data
- Assess migration tool
- Execution of the data migration plan
- Testing of the final system
- Follow up and maintenance of the data migration plan
- Can Acronis data migration services help me transfer my data securely?
Yes, Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office is a fast, easy-to-use and reliable data migration solution.
- What factors should I consider when choosing the best data migration software or service?
The following factors are important in choosing a data migration software or service
- If it is automated
- How quickly it can move data
- The scalability — meaning it should be able to handle a large number of files and folders
- It should be able to handle all the data types and formats you want to migrate
- The cost of the software or service
- It should be easy to use
- Can Acronis migration software handle SSD migration tasks?
Absolutely. With the disk cloning included in Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office, you have data migration software for SSD to SSD; HDD to HDD; or between HDDs and SSDs.